Some Delta Application Pointers

Who needs pointers??? Just have your mom be a senior CA, have a few years in the industry (along with your sister) and BOOM! Both get hired and even get an article written all about your vast 2 year flying career getting you to where you are now! Talk about box checkers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ugh

Not disagreeing. But this job still continues to be anywhere from 85-95% male. I can find things to be ticked off about but a Facebook group of pilot wives wouldn’t be one of them.

I’m not ticked off, just bothered.

When you have your new copilot asking about resources to get his or her husband to feel more “part of the new family” and you know that all of the spouse groups categorically exclude males, it’s a little hard saying “Well, there are wide swathes that think it’s a straight men-only organization so you’re better off having them start their own”.

I’m not ticked off, just bothered.

When you have your new copilot asking about resources to get his or her husband to feel more “part of the new family” and you know that all of the spouse groups categorically exclude males, it’s a little hard saying “Well, there are wide swathes that think it’s a straight men-only organization so you’re better off having them start their own”.

Cause they’re not spouse groups, they’re wives groups. :)

Those husbands don’t want to join the wives group, believe me. My wife is in some of her girl groups on FB, it’s mostly drama / dramatics and I really don’t want to spend the time or energy into it. That and amber alert/kidnapping stuff. Occasional meet up stuff around town, etc.

Our SLI was pretty much peaceful but guess who and where the 2 most vocal people were? Guess. Wait for it.

Wait for it.

2 pilot wives on the FB page (though I hear it’s a family page, so theoretically open to anyone). It was beyond embarrassing to see 2 ladies arguing / complaining up a storm about their husbands new seniority (AS side).

Like Junkyard Willie says, “who that jive turkey talkin behind my back? Save the drama for yo mama.”

Seriously. I think anyone would be better off not joining airline spouse/family/wives group. The little amount of positive one might gain doesn’t outweigh the negative stuff, IMO.

YMMV

Theres been a lot of efforts into making the airline cockpit a comfortable and equal place for females. Whats funny is when a male goes into a traditional female environment like a school PTO, daycare, etc its still very centered on females and there really isnt any effort for inclusiveness. Not that I care because we have a very traditional household, but its just something I noticed after we had kids.

If you can afford an $850k-$1 mil house. I suggest moving to AZ. That kind of money will buy you a friggin' castle in Phoenix. Versus what you'd get in L.A. Hell, even $350-500k house will get you 4500-5500 sq ft. And with Southwest, AA and AS. Or Skywest or Compass. You should have zero problems commuting to your line.
PHX-LAX commute is a blood bath. Don’t do it. I see @Derg is about to join in on the fun too. Best watch yo self!

Really? You have so many options available. From Southwest, AA, Alaska and regional connection carriers.
AS doesn’t fly the route, but most of the LAX based AS guys seem to live in PHX. AA is pushing a lot of pilots out of PHX and the SWA FOs are upgrading to LAX. Add in the UA, DL, JetBlue and regional guys plus all the FAs, it can get tricky. It’s not uncommon to have 5-6 pilots per flight. Most I’ve seen was 17 pilots and 40+ FAs all for one SWA flight.

It’s do able, but spring and summer can be tricky.

PHX and LAS are heavy commuter routes for the LAX base throughout the industry. I know a guy who’s driven it a couple times from PHX to LA instead of continuing to stick around and risk of getting a seat.

Back