Some Delta Application Pointers

Theres been a lot of efforts into making the airline cockpit a comfortable and equal place for females. Whats funny is when a male goes into a traditional female environment like a school PTO, daycare, etc its still very centered on females and there really isnt any effort for inclusiveness. Not that I care because we have a very traditional household, but its just something I noticed after we had kids.

Truth.....When my boys were in elementary I worked a rotating 4 on, 4 off and would go into the school to help all the time. I was most definitely invading the space of the moms.

Truth.....When my boys were in elementary I worked a rotating 4 on, 4 off and would go into the school to help all the time. I was most definitely invading the space of the moms.

Either that, or you’re subjected to several “hey, how you doin’?” by the divorced spouses.

Personally, I find being treated as a piece of beefcake....well, ok, who are we kidding, that never happens to me.

Reviving an old thread but I want to make sure I’m not screwed, or I guess to find out if I am screwed.

I’ve had my apps in for a couple years now. I filled most of the info out a long time ago and during that time I went to the DMV to get my driving record printed out. Tickets that I had showed up and everything was great, except I didn’t see 2 speeding tickets, so I filled out the info that I had and figured I’d find some way to track them down. Fast forward a couple years and I get a somewhat unexpected e-mail from southernjets recently to take the assessment. I look and realize I forgot to add the2 speeding tickets. Is there a way to remedy this without being a huge red flag or am I done for?

Reviving an old thread but I want to make sure I’m not screwed, or I guess to find out if I am screwed.

I’ve had my apps in for a couple years now. I filled most of the info out a long time ago and during that time I went to the DMV to get my driving record printed out. Tickets that I had showed up and everything was great, except I didn’t see 2 speeding tickets, so I filled out the info that I had and figured I’d find some way to track them down. Fast forward a couple years and I get a somewhat unexpected e-mail from southernjets recently to take the assessment. I look and realize I forgot to add the2 speeding tickets. Is there a way to remedy this without being a huge red flag or am I done for?

You can update the app all the way until 2 days prior to the interview. The interview invite email says they'll compare your old app and the updated app at the interview. I think you'll be fine, just explain it as the honest mistake it is.

When I interviewed last year, I forgot to disclose a training event from 15 years ago. Told them about it in the interview. Still got the CJO but ended up turning them down. Just be honest about it.

Apparently the tickets weren’t that big of a deal. If anyone is out there waiting and feels discouraged about their background don’t give up hope.

Multiple traffic violations, 2 stage check failures, terrible high school GPA, an accident on my record, and only one internal rec. Received the CJO yesterday

Congrats and welcome! And hey @Derg seriously, can I request you for OE?

Apparently the tickets weren’t that big of a deal. If anyone is out there waiting and feels discouraged about their background don’t give up hope.

Multiple traffic violations, 2 stage check failures, terrible high school GPA, an accident on my record, and only one internal rec. Received the CJO yesterday

I'd pass, if I were you. Stay at Skyest and be a lifer. At my Skywest cadet school. We had a 175 captain come on and talk to us. He said that he had no interest in ever leaving Skywest, because it's a family. He said sure you can make more money at Delta and the LTD is better. But he said he'd just be a number at Delta. A cog in the machine. And at Skywest, he's part of a family.

I took that rant to mean he got a TBNT, or he didn't have a degree. :D

I'd pass, if I were you. Stay at Skyest and be a lifer. At my Skywest cadet school. We had a 175 captain come on and talk to us. He said that he had no interest in ever leaving Skywest, because it's a family. He said sure you can make more money at Delta and the LTD is better. But he said he'd just be a number at Delta. A cog in the machine. And at Skywest, he's part of a family.

I forgot to finish the story. I gave Delta the TBNT, I was only there to try to poach some of the candidates from going to Delta and bring them over to SkyWest

Worst pilot I've ever flown with was a 20 yr Skywest guy who should have just stayed a lifer there. Sadly was a checkairman too. Amazing after that much experience, he's scared of the 737 and can't fly worth a crap.

That said, some of the best pilots I've flown with are Skywest.

Back