SkyWest hiring...

... To instigate that St. George was a sympathizer to the Confederacy is insulting.

Well put CabinBoy. Precisely my point indeed old chap. But I think the word you were looking for is "insinuate".

And just to be perfectly perfectly clear....if it hadn't been for legal action way way way back in 2009 and the threat of even more legal action...NOTHING would have changed.
Zeee-row.

And kudos on your first posting to the JC! Nice.

That song is two years older than I am... ;)

Here, Jose, take this...

towel.jpg

....you can use it to dry yourself behind your ears.

Yes how is there interview process whereis it conducted and is how much OT is offered
Interview process here is fairly standard. When you get there you'll be given a multiple choice test on general dispatch knowledge. Legal to go (with one or two alternates), NOTAM applicability, wx abbreviations, chart interpretation (what are the minimums), etc. They say you'll have about 30 minutes to finish it but what's more likely is that you'll have until they're ready to interview you to finish it. It's not impossible to finish and get everything right but pay close attention to the questions. Interview will be a panel containing 3 or 4 people from Dx Admin and training. They basically want to see that you know your stuff and have a good attitude. They'll ask you pretty general HR style questions and also give you a practical examination with some METARs, TAFs, and an Approach Plate (this may vary depending on the day and the trainer doing the interviews) and ask you more Legal to Go questions.

As for OT, it is not offered it is WON through blood, sweat, tears, and sacrifice. OR you have to be flexible enough to cover sick calls when offered (fairly often). It takes a few months before you can bid overtime successfully because even the lifers here pick up overtime regularly. So be prepared to be consistently frustrated by being outbid for overtime (if you like to work a lot), or be content with only picking up one or two shifts in a month (higher during holiday months or peak vacation request seasons). Just kinda depends on how flexible you are or how flexible you can be for the money...

When I took the test last time, it was not multiple choice. Lots of WX questions, big section on METAR codes. Then of course you need to read them METAR in the actual interview.

When I took the test last time, it was not multiple choice. Lots of WX questions, big section on METAR codes. Then of course you need to read them METAR in the actual interview.
Yeah there are a few different tests they circulate. I should've clarified that it won't be just multiple choice in any case. Definitely some FITB questions.

Back