SkyWest hiring...

No email from Skywest today.

Ironically, but off-topic, I get an email today that I'm considered for GLA... I don't know what to say. :eek::confused::(

No email from Skywest today.

Ironically, but off-topic, I get an email today that I'm considered for GLA... I don't know what to say. :eek::confused::(
I also got the call today from Great Mistakes Airlines. Oh well hopefully SkyWest goes well.

I got an interview as well but I would be in Europe, so i'm going to have change my flights to accomdate it. I hope it works out because the change fee is costing me and arm and a leg. Anyone know what they ask in the skywest interiew?

I got an interview as well but I would be in Europe, so i'm going to have change my flights to accomdate it. I hope it works out because the change fee is costing me and arm and a leg. Anyone know what they ask in the skywest interiew?
Are you legal to go? Do you need an alternate? Dispatcher responsibilities per the FAR... It's really pretty simple. Make sure you read up on St George, they will for sure ask about that. Too many people don't know what they're getting themselves into. Other than that, it's basically do they think you will fit in, are you trainable, etc.

I got a call. Vegas Baby, Vegas. Next week.
So we shall see. It would be really cool if our brethern and sistern (wait..is that a word?) who have gone before us could offer up some solid interview gouge.
I know they start out with a written test...4 pages so I hear...but you dont have to complete it...I guess they just look to see how many you complete overall. Goobs of FARs and Wx questions so I hear. And then what?... Steam room? Slot tournament? Seafood Buffet? Celine?
Any up or down comments are just fine. BUT! The town of St. George is strictly OFF LIMITS! (poor guy's got no defense)

I know they start out with a written test...4 pages so I hear...but you dont have to complete it...I guess they just look to see how many you complete overall. Goobs of FARs and Wx questions so I hear.

Another test!? Hope it's multiple choice like the ADX.

From what i have read it is not MC. You have to actually write words...in English...with a pen....on paper. Old school, yo.
I just wonder if I can bring my FARAIM book??!!!

I'm sure its the simple basic knowledge like what's the 1-2-3 rule? What's operational control? What's your duty day? Questions like that. If I'm wrong I'm sure cpz9900 will correct me.

I heard their starting wage is pretty good....like 15,75 or so an hour. That seems good.
CPZ thanks for listing the info.

When I interviewed there 3 1/2 years ago, there was a very long 10+page test. Last year, when I interviewed, there was a basic 1-page test.

Good luck to all that apply!

I got a call. Vegas Baby, Vegas. Next week.
So we shall see. It would be really cool if our brethern and sistern (wait..is that a word?) who have gone before us could offer up some solid interview gouge.
I know they start out with a written test...4 pages so I hear...but you dont have to complete it...I guess they just look to see how many you complete overall. Goobs of FARs and Wx questions so I hear. And then what?... Steam room? Slot tournament? Seafood Buffet? Celine?
Any up or down comments are just fine. BUT! The town of St. George is strictly OFF LIMITS! (poor guy's got no defense)

The 4 page test no longer exists, and its not gobs of FARs or WX questions.... as stated once before.... are you legal to go (keeping in mind we dispatch on the vis not the clg unless the chart requires it) and do you need an alternate is the majority of the assessment, there are also two letter metar/taf abbreviations. Dispatcher responsibilities per the FAR (will be asked in the interview). The 'test' isn't the end all be all, but what they want to see is that you have some kind of basic understanding. If so, do you have a likable personality? Are you trainable? SkyWest does things A LOT different then most places, and flies into a lot of challenging airports with a lot of nit picky stuff (ASE, BTM, JAC, etc). Attention to detail is key. It's almost better to come in with no experience rather than have to dump previous know how. Sabre experience is a plus.

Just posted today, SkyWest is hiring...

https://rn21.ultipro.com/sky1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*BBF0D8E67E530A19

They will fly you out to LAS for an interview. Please know about SGU before applying. Training is about 8-10 weeks, including OJT. You will have a two-part competency check prior to being signed off. You will be qualified only on the CRJ initially, followed by the ERJ shortly there after. No further dispatchers will be qualified on the Brasilia at this time. The starting pay is now 15.68 and after the first year it goes up to 17.XX... not sure on the exact amount. They will hire people without experience.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

And i'll leave you with the always interesting St. George video, haha.

So what's the deal with St. George? I went through there a few years ago and it seemed like a nice little city. What do I not know?

Phil Schuyler said:
So what's the deal with St. George? I went through there a few years ago and it seemed like a nice little city. What do I not know?

It is very, umm, Utah. Put it this way. If you can't off the top of your head describe who Joseph Smith is you are gonna feel a little out of place there.

It it's, however a very nice safe clean city and for those that are a bit more shall we say liberal thinking, America's Playground is a couple of hours away!

I used to be at SKW. CPZ9900 couldn't be more right.

Scenery is beautiful, everything in town shuts down at 8pm.

well I just turned down the interview so hopefully that opens the opportunity for someone who didnt get called. Its just bad timing for me as I leave for europe tomorrow.

I think a lot of relocating to St. George has less to do with the place and its many Mormon inhabitants than it does with the social aspects of life here. If you're a solitary person who doesn't require a lot of entertaining you'll be much better off here than if you're a social butterfly who is easily bored interacting with the same people over and over again. At the end of the day I think most people are content just stopping through SkyWest on their way to a job at a Major and if you're fine with that for a year or three you'll be fine...

Hey Mr. Purdue, OH I see you made it out of Denver. Nice.
But as for life in SGU.... if you think "it's many Mormon inhabitants" have nothing to do with shaping the "social aspects" of a small town in....ummm...oh yeah....UTAH, then you are doing fine. Don't get me wrong, I go to bed at 9 and I dont drink cuz Im old and fat, and I dont smoke either. So Im good. And so is St. George.
Just try to leave a little cool-aid for the rest of us!!:stir: Personally, I would gladly hang my hat there for a few years. I can think if many other places I would rather NOT work.

"Saint" George was specifically built by decree and folks from that other Northern Utah city were "asked" to move there and establish a town based on the production and sale of cotton.
which one might observe today, is no longer the local commodity.

Back