SJS epidemic to get worse?

Trip7

Take a look at the newest form of the diease:D

1375312.jpg

I would fly that thing for $10 an hour. No higher needed. Telling chicks I fly that is worth enough.

Thing looks like a jet powered metroliner. The Montreal sewer-pipe anyone?

I can see a bunch of starry eyed kids lining up to fly that airplane for $7.50 an hour.

I always thought the CRJ200 was a sharp looking airplane. Not so much with the 700 or 900. The 1000? Just looks wrong.

I always thought the CRJ200 was a sharp looking airplane.

Funny. All I see when I look at one is the Bac 1-11, the DC9-10/30, the F28/F100, the 737-200, the BAe146, and the tens of thousands of major airline jobs that no longer resist as a result of two little letters.

R & J.

I just noticed that thing has 5 emergency exits on each side.

EDIT: ok, maybe three of those are cut points... but still.

I like my job flying a RJ at AE but I wish I was flying it at AA or DL or any other main airline, but mainliners where to good to fly small planes. RJ's and RJ pilots didn't kill any jobs, 50.1% or more of mainline pilots killed jobs. I hope when AMR buys 70,90 and 100 seat jets that APA holds on to them and they have AA not AE or AC on the side of them.

Yeah, an exit has to be fully outlined with paint for visibility, the rectangular patterns you see marked just with corner marks aren't exits.

but mainliners where to good to fly small planes. RJ's and RJ pilots didn't kill any jobs

Beg to differ. In early 2001 at US Airways we practically BEGGED management to keep the RJs on the mainline. At least at US Airways, Rakesh Gangwal used force majeur after 9/11 to eliminate some scope protections, and negotiations under threat of bankruptcy to eliminate the rest.

The fact is that the US Airways MEC basically ripped the cover off of the Comair contract, gave it to management, and said, "This is what we'll fly the RJs for". Management declined.

Why? Because RJs are, and have always been, nothing more than a scope-buster. I don't blame RJ pilots for what they fly... as long as they don't sign agreements to undercut each other for the promise of bigger airplanes.

I, for one, don't want to see any Airbus 330-RJ flights to Europe ten years from now.

Notice there's no rear access door (at least on the visible side) for a galley or anything like the 170/90...did they really just stretch the 900 even further?

Then good for the USair MEC, but I know delta didn't want anything to do with the RJ's and APA wanted 737 money to fly 37 and 50 seat planes. Don't get me started on UA.

I just don't get why US management didn't that the deal? By keeping all flying in house airlines can be more flexible and more quick to make changes to the business as needed.

I just don't get why US management didn't that the deal?

Because there was more value in breaking the union. And they were successful.

When I was there they had 6076 pilots. Today, I don't think they have that many if you add up all of the pilots West AND East.

Notice there's no rear access door (at least on the visible side) for a galley or anything like the 170/90...did they really just stretch the 900 even further?

Yeah? Which is just a stretched 700, which is just a stretched 200, which is just a stretched Challenger.

For what it's worth, most of our -900's have the access door on the right side of the plane, but there sure ain't no galley back there.

I'll fly it..... bring it to PSA and i'll do it for the current rate....

So do i really need to put the sarcasm tag on? You see that tiny rudder and entire tail section? Almost as small as Marcus'..................................... eh we wont go there.

Back