SJS epidemic to get worse?

Oh come on. . .you know what, and it's not the bunnies in your avatar.

The ####ing beast of an airplane.

Not that it'll do any difference. . .because I don't think it's ugly because of how it looks. . .but it needs a much larger tail; and hell, let's put some big ass engines on it too. ####.

they need to put a training wheel back there...can we say tailstrike

Tailstrikes could definitely be in the planes future. However, I'm sure Bomba has designed it to rotate a slower speeds and require longer runways for use.

But a tail strike stopper, would definitely help curb maintenance cost.

Or, perhaps they think good training will be more effective.

Is that the same prototype airplane they have already spliced together twice to make the -700 and the -900 from the origional 200?

Is that the same prototype airplane they have already spliced together twice to make the -700 and the -900 from the origional 200?

insideout said:
The 7 and 9 are actually different airframes than the 200. The 200 is the only frame of a 605 that is stretched.

They built the 7 from the ground up, closely relating it to the 200 (some systems, but same cockpit minus some improvements) and then stretched that for the 9 and 1000.

From post #23!

Those damned -900s already stick half way out into the lanes on the ATL ramp as it is. This thing could practically touch the next concourse over. Once your airplane is longer than a DC-9-50, it's time to stop including the letters "RJ" in the name.

Tell "Bomba" that.

The RJ was the ugly girl, that "Bomba" thinks they can keep trying to make it look pretty so it'll get asked to the prom.

Prom = mainline. . .time will tell.

In other news. . .

Anyone wanna place bets on how long/soon this beast will be utilized in an ATP marketing banner?

Those damned -900s already stick half way out into the lanes on the ATL ramp as it is. This thing could practically touch the next concourse over. Once your airplane is longer than a DC-9-50, it's time to stop including the letters "RJ" in the name.

Once you start flying from IND-FLL, it's time to stop including the letters "RJ." Unless the "regional" in "regional jet" means the region of North America.

Once you start flying from IND-FLL, it's time to stop including the letters "RJ." Unless the "regional" in "regional jet" means the region of North America.

My personal RJ record: DTW-AUS at 4:04. The 717 couldn't even make that flight at long-range cruise and be legal. Absolutely ridiculous for an RJ to be doing it.

Eagle has a couple flights a day from SYR-DFW (DFW-SYR)...that's about 1,500 miles. Ouch, I definitely don't want to be in a lawn dart for that duration.

I felt bad for the people who had to endure ATL-GRK yesterday. And if I recall - that's only in the 800 mile and change range.

The 7 and 9 are actually different airframes than the 200. The 200 is the only frame of a 605 that is stretched.

They built the 7 from the ground up, closely relating it to the 200 (some systems, but same cockpit minus some improvements) and then stretched that for the 9 and 1000.

Learn something new everyday!

I think the longest we do is CLT-SAT ~1000nm.. nothing regional about that.

My personal RJ record: DTW-AUS at 4:04. The 717 couldn't even make that flight at long-range cruise and be legal. Absolutely ridiculous for an RJ to be doing it.
It shocked me the first time I saw that on the board in DTW. I'd hate to get one of the seats that doesn't recline like row 12 by the bathroom.

It shocked me the first time I saw that on the board in DTW. I'd hate to get one of the seats that doesn't recline like row 12 by the bathroom.

Been there, done that.

Flew CLT-DFW after an interview with Colgan a few years ago on a Mesa CRJ-900 while sitting in the last row.

Back