Singapore Severe Turbulence

Ah, in your opinion. Call NASA and NOAA and tell them your credentials and that you, personally, have feelings that suggest otherwise.

Please record and share this phone call and make sure it’s clear and in a sharable .MP4 format.
A co-worker went on vacation with his family to GPT via MSY via WN, this week, he's a student pilot. He called me the following day and very excitedly told me all about the flight. He said that he had a lil' chat with the pilots at the gate about their speed on approach and the very hard landing in MSY. He told me that they had some very nasty weather coming into MSY.

I was like... at 40 hr. a pre-solo student pilot lectured two ATP rated pilots about their landing? I told him you didn't even know what was going on up there. He then informed me that he was listening to live ATC the entire flight from PHX. He said and I quote:

"This student pilot paid $1600.00 and had my two kids on the flight, that approach was unsafe. Brian (his kid) was scared and shaking and crying."

Reading your post to @Cherokee_Cruiser made me think of that laughable conversation.

A co-worker went on vacation with his family to GPT via MSY via WN, this week, he's a student pilot. He called me the following day and very excitedly told me all about the flight. He said that he had a lil' chat with the pilots at the gate about their speed on approach and the very hard landing in MSY. He told me that they had some very nasty weather coming into MSY.

I was like... at 40 hr. a pre-solo student pilot lectured two ATP rated pilots about their landing? I told him you didn't even know what was going on up there. He then informed me that he was listening to live ATC the entire flight from PHX. He said and I quote:

"This student pilot paid $1600.00 and had my two kids on the flight, that approach was unsafe. Brian (his kid) was scared and shaking and crying."

Reading your post to @Cherokee_Cruiser made me think of that laughable conversation.

To be faaaaaaaaaaair, it was Southwest

No objection, your honor :)

Ungh, that drives me nuts.

To an untrained eye, heart surgery looks like murder.

Ungh, that drives me nuts.

To an untrained eye, heart surgery looks like murder.
Flew a clapped out 20 year old Guppy and stood by the door to say goodbye. A Meal Team 6 looking guy (mil patches all over his jacket, looked like an enthusiast) getting off said, “may wanna take a look at your port side spoiler, it may be leaking hydraulic fluid”.

Ok.

MX was in jetway later on and I told him what I had heard. Asked if I wrote it up…uh nope.

Flew a clapped out 20 year old Guppy and stood by the door to say goodbye. A Meal Team 6 looking guy (mil patches all over his jacket, looked like an enthusiast) getting off said, “may wanna take a look at your port side spoiler, it may be leaking hydraulic fluid”.

Ok.

MX was in jetway later on and I told him what I had heard. Asked if I wrote it up…uh nope.

Loobie!

And yet again, another thread you injected your own political inclination. At least the other topic was in the Lav.
Science is not politics.
IMG_3833.jpeg

Somehow reminds me of a leg not too long ago. It was forecast to be a little bit bumpy across the front range and then again in the upper midwest. Didn't really end up being much of anything, but there was a good chance it would get bumpy again on arrival in the NE. Anyway, we had 2 FAs who were the type who you could tell were just really afraid of bumps. They kept calling, asking about it and the ride ahead. At one point, they tried to get the CA to decide if they could do their service. He said, and I agreed with him, that the reports were pretty good ahead, and that they had an hour or so before we thought it would get bumpy again, so up to them, but no reason not to. You could tell after a while, and several more calls, that what they really wanted was for him to say they couldn't, and to probably make a PA about it to the cabin. I don't know if it was fear of turbulence, or just not wanting to work. Doesn't really make a difference. Eventually it was just like "are they seriously calling again to ask us if they should shut down cabin service in smooth air"?
I seem to get that a lot. Asking about the rides followed by “good so we don’t have to do second service?” No, that’s not what I said.

Ah, in your opinion. Call NASA and NOAA and tell them your credentials and that you, personally, have feelings that suggest otherwise.

Please record and share this phone call and make sure it’s clear and in a sharable .MP4 format.
Good thing he NEVER would talk about something like an expert, when he’s not experienced in that field.

Ok.

do airplanes have a port/starboard site ?

Nah, no one uses that.

We use ‘captains side’ and ‘FO’s side’ unofficially officially.

Reactions: JEP
Nah, no one uses that.

Thats what I thought. Ive never heard that used outside of a nautical sense.

Nah, no one uses that.

Inside the flight deck, seems like it’s captain/FO. On engines, it’s 1/2, and anything else it’s left/right. Maybe port/starboard would be easier….

Ok.

The -700s have entered the chat…

Back