Singapore Severe Turbulence

What are these?

DANDY is a fix on the TEB ILS 6 with a mandatory crossing restriction of 1500’ to keep you clear of EWR 4 departures. It is commonly busted and crossed at 2000’ by idiots.

WENTZ is a fix on the TEB RUUDY departure with a crossing restriction of 1500’ to keep you clear of EWR 22 final at 2500’. It is also commonly busted at 2000’ by idiots and on that one you WILL get a number to call and a deviation because it almost always results in a loss of seperation.

DANDY is a fix on the TEB ILS 6 with a mandatory crossing restriction of 1500’ to keep you clear of EWR 4 departures. It is commonly busted and crossed at 2000’ by idiots.

WENTZ is a fix on the TEB RUUDY departure with a crossing restriction of 1500’ to keep you clear of EWR 22 final at 2500’. It is also commonly busted at 2000’ by idiots and on that one you WILL get a number to call and a deviation because it almost always results in a loss of seperation.

You’re so damn controlling

What are these?

It is always fun to see it click in people’s heads when they realize that they’re both in almost the same place, for the same reason of separation, just arriving versus departing.

Last edited:

TEB departures commonly busting altitude?

Do I need to say it?

Damn Corpies…

Ah.. yeah I’m on a corpie jet in the north east… never done either of those.

The amount of TEB departures who try to turn south bound off the runway is too damned high and they all insist they were cleared on course by tower.
Bet they didn’t bust altitude :)

That being said, was holding short 22l in ewr, 757 on the roll on the Left, landing traffic on short final on the left. Suddenly a hawker pops out of the clouds between 22L/R, perfectly at 1000ft, not talking to anybody. Major tower pucker. They had been sent around of 19, hit Toga but never cycled nav, so the plugged along at runway heading, also botching the dep freq.

75 gets an immediate right turn, landing traffic waived with an immediate climbing left etc…

That one took a while to unscramble

One of the many, many benefits of being retired is never having to transit KTEB again. KPWK when IFR is another won’t-miss…

(Actually both aren’t that tough once you figure them out, but still…)

One of the many, many benefits of being retired is never having to transit KTEB again. KPWK when IFR is another won’t-miss…

(Actually both aren’t that tough once you figure them out, but still…)
FSI takes us there in the sim all the time.
I’ve told them many times that we do not go to TEB in real life, so, it’s not realistic training.

They’ve not listened to me yet… so off to JFK we go for a circle (yet another airport we don’t use)

FSI takes us there in the sim all the time.
I’ve told them many times that we do not go to TEB in real life, so, it’s not realistic training.

They’ve not listened to me yet… so off to JFK we go for a circle (yet another airport we don’t use)

On the side of the sim, or nearby is the paperwork showing it meets the criteria for circling approaches if training/ exam occurs at JFK, MEM, or JNU. ASE or TEB is far more realistic in the 91/135 world but the paperwork for the sim and certifications require it to be one of those three airports.

On the side of the sim, or nearby is the paperwork showing it meets the criteria for circling approaches if training/ exam occurs at JFK, MEM, or JNU. ASE or TEB is far more realistic in the 91/135 world but the paperwork for the sim and certifications require it to be one of those three airports.
JNU!? That's impressive

JNU!? That's impressive

Yea, correction. I typed JNU when I meant ANC. It is real exciting when you're training in an aircraft that isn't realistic for ANC yet here you are in the Last Frontier preparing to circle.

Fly the approach to minimums carrying a bunch of energy, half Cuban Eight and land. Plus the obligatory raise the flaps in the flare, then cancel at the gate.
andy-bernard.gif

Back