Sad day in Gainsville

Wardogg

Meat Popsicle
Kudos to the controllers on this one. Guy called in a panic. Sounds like partial panel in IMC. Possibly inadvertent. Controllers tried to keep him calm and help as much as they could. The last few minutes on guard were apparently hard to listen to.

IMG_1922.jpeg

The last few minutes on guard were apparently hard to listen to.

I had the extreme displeasure of listening to an F-16 guy trying to reach a hypoxic (probably unconscious) GA pilot on guard as he hit the water some years ago. Was definitely No Fun.

Kudos to the controllers on this one. Guy called in a panic. Sounds like partial panel in IMC. Possibly inadvertent. Controllers tried to keep him calm and help as much as they could. The last few minutes on guard were apparently hard to listen to.

Is there any audio available yet?

Wow!

All I can deduce is that all parties involved acted and spoke in complete comportment with their individual and agency abilities.

I was flying into JFK and it was cat II and I heard a foreign pilot in a 172 on bingo fuel shooting an approach. He ran out of gas on the last one. I googled it the next day, and power lines broke the fall and everyone was fine. The controllers also did a fine job in that situation.

Back