ROLL CALL 2, the JC military

Sorry Im late!!

E-5 KC-10 Hydro/AR mechanic...... wannabe pilot

Im getting sick of fixing 'em, its my turn to fly 'em!!!

Mike, USMCR-Former. Thanks.

MarineNav, lucky ba$+ard. My recruiter offered me a one in six chance to be a enlisted nav on a herc. Commitment was six years active. Ha, I ran from that. The odds weren't too good.

Oooh rah. I was down at Pendleton today visiting my dad on the beach down at Camp Del Mar. Several groups doing afternoon runs on the sand. My dad says do you want to join them....."sure thing". < sit up, move forward, sit down> LOL. So drove through the base to avoid evening traffic on the 5. Good Times. Always brings back memories.....Thanks for the memories.....

Semper Fidelis

bandit.gif
TJ DI
smile.gif

It's always good to have some memories, huh?

Last summer, I went to the Marine Barracks at 8th & I for an evening parade. Incredible! I always take the chance to be around other Marines....there's nothing like it!

Semper Fi!

Hello Eta71,

I was in during the 80's. I went in under a 4-year contract for avionics and stumbled across the Nav opportunity by accident. It was a great gig when you got to fly, pretty ho hum otherwise. My total flight time after 4 years was something like 1600 hours. One of my classmates actually enlisted for it and got $3000 upon getting his wings (Tech Skill Bonus Program). Another was on a 6-year contract with "guaranteed" Corporal upon graduating from the Nav school. Now most of my military bases are gone (Mather AFB, MCAS El Toro, NAS Barbers Point, Clark AFB, NAS Cubi Pt. & soon MCAS Futenma). I wanted to stay go Reserves but the unit was in Chicago (I'm a CaliBoy). It was a real let down when I got out. Here I was thinking I could go AFR or ANG, and they were interested until they found out I had no college. I was kind of surprised that I didn't get called up during the 1st Guld War.

Take Care & Semper Fi,

JR

Whoa, haven't checked the forums in awhile so I was UA from the first roll call and am really late for this one, but former squid here reporting for duty.

6 yrs in the Nav. 4 of which in the "Gator Navy" on LHD's (basically one huge Marine Taxi)
Fire Controlman 2nd Class (FC2/E-5)
NATO SeaSparrow Missile Tech - which allowed me to get great training in radar and electronics yet still get to blow s#!+ up!
wink.gif

My avatar is actually one of the missilex's I was involved in.

Now having Uncle Sam help pay for this tuition thing they require at my flight school
grin.gif

Any future FNGs for the JC-Air America team, not already named in my first post?

Sorry I missed the formation (been in the field)
Pitotheat CW2 UH-60 Pilot and current member of the W.O.L.F.!
(Warrant Officer Liberation Front)
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Damn Warrant aviators...........can't get them to do anything.

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I resemble that remark Mike
buck.gif

Sir
I'll be TDY for a few months, after that I promise to get back to doing nothing.

Jim

Back