ROLL CALL 2, the JC military

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
You know, looking at this roll call list, we could have our own JC mercenary organization.....sorta a little Air America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to popular interest in the above idea, I'm assessing who we have and in what capacities. First off, we'll see who we've got for officers/NCOs/enlisteds.

A very diverse group. What do you think we could do with everyone?

Officers:
O-5: MDPilot

O-4: none

O-3: Copaman: USAF, Engineer.
SJFLYER: USNR, Logistics
MikeD: USAF, pilot. (mustang)
BJ: USAF, pilot

O-2: none

O-1: Soon2beMarAce: USMCR, Eng mech, unk officer MOS.(mustang)

Warrants
CW-4: none

CW-3: C650: USA (NG), pilot, (mustang)

CW-2: none

W-1: none

SNCOs

E-9: none

E-8: Grumpy01: USAF, boom operator (ret)

E-7: Shorefly: USAFR, Flt Eng: KC-10A+ helos. Crew Chief, KC-135
Grabo172: USN, Nuclear MMC(SW).
Shooter13: USN, Nuclear ETC [ETC(SW)]?

NCOs
E-6: Chunk75: USN, AW1(fixed-wing) [AX1?], P-3/S-3.
txpilot: USN, DS1/FC1, fire controlman (weapons)

E-5: H46Bubba: USN, AM2, SAR/CSAR H-46
bullmastiff: USAF, AWACS crew
mtsu_av8tr: USMC, Ridleman, Machine Gunner, Helo MX.
HerkEng: USAF, F/E C-130.
mpenguin1: USN, AD3. Flight Mechanic, A-3/P-3
viper548: USAFR, Loadmaster C-5 Galaxy
draglink: USN, AM2
fsiflyer: USMC, Intelligence

E-4: GregCollins2: USMC, Avionics
Windchill: USAF (ANG), POL/Fuels.
JEP: USN, DP3, data systems
flyermb: USAF(ANG), radio operator
USMCmech: USMC, Airframe/NDI, rotary-wing
bushmaster: USA, Military Police
LookingForLower: USAF, medic
Eastcoastguy: USMC, AH/UH-1 Plane Captain/aircrew
MarineNav: USMC, KC-130 Navigator

enlisted
E-3: Hawker: USAF, Loadmaster MC-130N
Kato: USAF (ANG), Loadmaster, C-130E
Sickbird: USAF, Communications

E-2: eta71: USMCR

E-1 none.

Mike,

Just to give you a head's up, an FT is a "Bubblehead" (subs), whereas an FC is on surface ships. I actually started in the Navy as a Data Systems Tech (DS) until in 1998 the Navy decided they didn't need that job and made me a FC. So, I work on the computers that run the Fire Control system. I should be able to help some place.
bandit.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mike,

Just to give you a head's up, an FT is a "Bubblehead" (subs), whereas an FC is on surface ships. I actually started in the Navy as a Data Systems Tech (DS) until in 1998 the Navy decided they didn't need that job and made me a FC. So, I work on the computers that run the Fire Control system. I should be able to help some place.
bandit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit made. Thanks for clearing that up!
smile.gif

Well, I think that we could maintain a small composite squadron (not sure what it would be in the Air Force) made up of both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft, complete with maintenance and crew. We could also maintain a security element capable of defending the Area of Operations and carrying out covert ops - with our own internal air support and intel!!

MikeD I was an AM2 (aviation structural mechanic).
shocked.gif
AB's work the flight deck and hangar decks, on carriers and amphibs such as LHA and LHD ships. I'm sure we could start a special squdron consisting of fixed and rotarywing aircraft as mtsu suggested. Maybe something special ops or black ops type.

[ QUOTE ]
MikeD I was an AM2 (aviation structural mechanic).
shocked.gif
AB's work the flight deck and hangar decks, on carriers and amphibs such as LHA and LHD ships. I'm sure we could start a special squdron consisting of fixed and rotarywing aircraft as mtsu suggested. Maybe something special ops or black ops type.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rog! Correction being made, sorry about that!

Agree. With the diverse background here, we could have quite a merc unit going!

MikeD,

JEP here, slight correction. It was DP3 (Data Processing Technician), man that sounds official. I had the TopSecret Clearance (but was not doing TopSecret Work) so I could do covert work.
grin.gif

Well, to add to the list I have a lurker friend of mine who is currently an O-2 C-130 copilot based at Elmendorf. She simply relishes telling me all about her low-level routes.

[ QUOTE ]
MikeD,

JEP here, slight correction. It was DP3 (Data Processing Technician), man that sounds official. I had the TopSecret Clearance (but was not doing TopSecret Work) so I could do covert work.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Updated. Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Well, to add to the list I have a lurker friend of mine who is currently an O-2 C-130 copilot based at Elmendorf. She simply relishes telling me all about her low-level routes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell her to de-lurk and come on down! She can be the next contestant!

Sounds as if we have our own little G.I. Joe unit going on. Does that mean we get cool "Code Names." If so, I want to be called... "Parkay."
cool.gif

Hey Lloyd, maybe taking that sand bar of the coast of NC will become a reality.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Lloyd, maybe taking that sand bar of the coast of NC will become a reality.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
For those of you that may be confused, Shane and I have wondered for years how much the U.S. would expend to retake a sand bar off the NC coast if we "invaded" it and claimed it as our own nation.

How much would a sandbar that's underwater for half of the day be worth??
tongue.gif

Edit:

AW is correct...AX's were gone by the time I was in. I made first class (E-6 on the list) but got out before I put it on..I'm not sure where that puts me...I liked E-5. No grunt work, no real responsibility.

Chunk

Count me in. Former Marine (4th MAW El Toro MCAS). Low on the totem though, E-2. Mom and dad were USAF officers does that count? LOL. MTSU do I have to report in service alphas? Not sure I fit anymore. I will have to get them tailored. Been ten years since I wore them. OOOOH RAH

Back