Republic Files Chapter 11

I hope those 8 year FO's have their feelers out there.

There are a few airlines that give "PIC credit" for high time XJT FOs if they otherwise meet the other non-PIC quals.
Why only XJT FOs? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If I had to guess I'd say that the interviewer is smart and knows that movement there isn't ideal and gives said person credit for being loyal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Sounds good! Hope people take advantage of said opportunity.

Well, another 4 day turned into a 5 day.

However, unlike a few weeks back, it only took us two hours to actually get to our hotel after notifying the company we would time out.

Or they could have not extended us at all and we complete our last round trip as scheduled and wouldn't have timed out at an out station requiring them to pay us 150%, a hotel room, and min day at 150% for day 5.

Nah. The new way XJT does business I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there was more to it, but a little birdy tells me that there's going to be an accelerated effort to bring more of the regional feed to mainline. We're talking 70-seat plus.

Don't post that in a 9E thread. Combine that with the new books/checklist and talk of more planes and you'll have them all foaming at the mouth.

Well, another 4 day turned into a 5 day.

However, unlike a few weeks back, it only took us two hours to actually get to our hotel after notifying the company we would time out.

Or they could have not extended us at all and we complete our last round trip as scheduled and wouldn't have timed out at an out station requiring them to pay us 150%, a hotel room, and min day at 150% for day 5.

Nah. The new way XJT does business I suppose.

I'm really sorry you have these issues. CS seems to be run by hungover jackwagons but I always thought that was the joke everywhere. Anyway, I haven't met you deserve better and I hope it improves. On the other side I've never, knock on wood, had a day rolled.

As for the "insourcing", I'm trying to understand how the majors will be able to fly the traditional regional routes more cost efficiently with higher cost labor?

My view: the labor cost may be higher, but the gains from a reliable feed will offset.

I think feed reliability is a concern among the majors. Every passenger that misses the connecting flight is one seat that goes empty for zero revenue. Additionally, every cancelled flight means more load on the booking system. Once you add up all the costs of an unreliable feed system, the bumps in pilot pay don't actually look that big.

I'm really sorry you have these issues. CS seems to be run by hungover jackwagons but I always thought that was the joke everywhere. Anyway, I haven't met you deserve better and I hope it improves. On the other side I've never, knock on wood, had a day rolled.

Contrary to what some folks here believe, I've seen first hand how ineffective those who work inside ATech can be when it comes to recognizing problems, analyzing the causes, developing corrective plans, and executing on them. Much less reviewing after the fact to see how effective they were.

It's all good for the most part. Having waited roughly 3hrs from first notification to now only 2hrs is an improvement.

Last edited:
My view: the labor cost may be higher, but the gains from a reliable feed will offset.

I think feed reliability is a concern among the majors. Every passenger that misses the connecting flight is one seat that goes empty for zero revenue. Additionally, every cancelled flight means more load on the booking system. Once you add up all the costs of an unreliable feed system, the bumps in pilot pay don't actually look that big.
Additionally: you're not paying a contractor to maintain its own administrative overhead. While CS and MX functions would necessarily increase at the mainline carrier to support the additional aircraft and pilots, the administrative support largely already exists.

Contrary to what some folks here believe, I've seen first hand how ineffective those who work inside ATech can be when it comes to recognizing problems, analyzing the causes, developing corrective plans, and executing on them. Much less reviewing after the fact to see how effective they were.

It's all good for the most part. Having waited roughly 3hrs from first notification to now only 2hrs is an improvement.

I need to buy you a beer! I'll let you know i/when I get back to atlanta.

Yeah, can he come too?

Lol! Might be a bit for me unfortunately. My back and neck are all jacked up from my car accident. I wanted to go to work (I know, it sounds sick). But I still can't get through a day without the pain killers. Some poor chump just got a pretty good 4 day, all be it over the weekend.

Lol! Might be a bit for me unfortunately. My back and neck are all jacked up from my car accident. I wanted to go to work (I know, it sounds sick). But I still can't get through a day without the pain killers. Some poor chump just got a pretty good 4 day, all be it over the weekend.

Damn bro, here is to a quick recovery.

Back