Purple TA

Looks like a pretty good bump to the A plan for those on the property and then elimination of the A plan for new hires. I've heard a lot of folks on here say they would rather have a big 401K or B plan than an A plan. Pensions are not in vouge anymore. I kinda like mine but to each his own.

Looks like a pretty good bump to the A plan for those on the property and then elimination of the A plan for new hires. I've heard a lot of folks on here say they would rather have a big 401K or B plan than an A plan. Pensions are not in vouge anymore. I kinda like mine but to each his own.

I mean pensions are cool, if you actually retire with one and they don’t end up shed in a tactical bankruptcy. I’d love to have a pension if guaranteed but since it’s not, I’ll take a 401K that’s my money and they can never get their grubby hands on it.

This TA is a nightmare. The NC failed on two out of three of our negotiating goals. The amount of concessions I saw reading this thing made me question my sanity. Unreal. If we vote this thing in we will be doing ourselves and every other airline pilot a massive disservice.

I mean pensions are cool, if you actually retire with one and they don’t end up shed in a tactical bankruptcy. I’d love to have a pension if guaranteed but since it’s not, I’ll take a 401K that’s my money and they can never get their grubby hands on it.
Nobody cares about your money more than you.

That aside, the 401(k) was also never intended as the Everyman savings vehicle it’s become, though I’m not sure exactly what I’d replace it with if I were God-king and Emperor.

Unrelated, I was getting a radio check on guard from a Delta flight behind us because Tokyo didn’t seem to hear us on VHF L. Some jackass told me I was on guard. It’s spreading.

if someone is blabbing on guard, I just de-select. Otherwise if I'm at the edge of reception of his radio and I proudly announce "YOWER ON GARRRRD" well, I'm broadcasting another 200-250 mile radius circle. So potentially thousands of miles of unnecessary radio chatter starts and there's a good chance someone you're not hearing well is going to get drown-out by someone else's "YOWER ON GAAAAAARD" and impede potentially critical communication.

I love when people do that when you clearly transmit "So and so, on guard, looking for...."
"Guard!"
"Yeah, that's why I said it, dummy."

"I literally have 121.5 selected, buddy. De-select and resume "MAH GUNZ MAH MONAY MAH EX!!" to your disinterested copilot"

Stockholm Syndrome. Corporations have conditioned people that pensions are bad and that the company isn’t responsible for your retirement.

Back