PUBNAT7 One week only.

Hey captain crashmo,

As far as HCF goes, I'm not sure what the staffing levels are. Only thing I know is that you need clearance to get to the tower because it's at Hickam.

Can you get on base to tour the tower? I toured the tower w/my current co. a few yrs ago and it was coordinated somehow.

I tested in OKC before. It was nice to go back home for a day, and I got to stay at a cool hotel :)
I tested in OKC in March of 08.. That was a long day for me.

Up at 4am, drive to OKC and take the AT-SAT, then drive back home. I was almost certain I failed.

I got my test date June 20th in Fullerton, CA. :nana2: Anyone else testing in Fullerton?

I hope everyone is done testing by the end of June. Hmmm...by my calculations, I'm thinking we'll be picking our Geo Prefs sometime next year :sarcasm:

June 29 at Lisle, IL!:D

So, I totally forgot that I applied for PUBNAT7 and I got an e-mail this morning that I got selected for AT-SAT testing. I'm suppose to go to Lisle, IL for the test, but that is quite the hike from the West side of the country. Probably because when I applied my residence was in Ohio.

When I applied I was just getting furloughed from my airline and I applied for PUBNAT7 and just totally forgot that I applied. If I do decide to take the test, is there a way I can take it closer to my home? I think someone mentioned PHX or SEA?

So, I totally forgot that I applied for PUBNAT7 and I got an e-mail this morning that I got selected for AT-SAT testing. I'm suppose to go to Lisle, IL for the test, but that is quite the hike from the West side of the country. Probably because when I applied my residence was in Ohio.

When I applied I was just getting furloughed from my airline and I applied for PUBNAT7 and just totally forgot that I applied. If I do decide to take the test, is there a way I can take it closer to my home? I think someone mentioned PHX or SEA?

My mailing address is Buffalo and I live in Long Island, so they set me up to take the test in Baltimore. I called and had it switched to Long Island with no problem, took 5 mins. Just call the number in the email.

June 22nd in Plainview!!:nana2:

first post. Just found out that i was selected to take the atsat in a couple weeks. funny thing is that the email account I used in december got spam bombed (i don't if that's what it's called) a I gave up using that email b/c of all the spam. JUST happened to check it this past friday night. was hovering over the delete all button....in the corner of my eye i saw "atsat". almost missed my opportunity! this was at 10 pm friday and I was given until tomorrow to call.

I'll be testing in peachtree, GA either between the 8-12 or the 15th-16th.

atcjefe is the at-sat test the same as described or is there anythng new?

The "stickies" at the top of the forum are pretty accurate as far as the actual test is concerned. Practice on jeremeyjustice.com's game section for the ATC Scenario and the scan section. I never did find a practice "game" for the letter factory, but it seemed pretty easy to me, except for the awareness questions at the end (where a practice test wouldn't help, anyway). The applied math, angles, and dials sections were stuff a 7th grader could do. The analogies section was a little tough for me, at least the word analogies. I think you are either great at that sort of thing or you're not. The picture analogies seemed much easier. The analogies section was the last part of the test and I was ready to get out of there too, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

The The only thing that i would suggest that everyone else seems opposed to is dressing comfortably. You do not need to go in business casual attire. That being said, you also do not want to go in with a tank top and flip flops. I wore a pair of shorts and a nice polo shirt. The people administering the exam are just that: administering the exam. They are not giving you the interview and they have no bearing on whether you get hired or not. The only thing you need to impress them with is your test score. So if you feel most comfortable in jeans, wear jeans. More comfortable in a suit? Wear a suit. Just remember, you're going to be in there taking this (pseudo-stressful) exam for up to eight hours. Also, relax and don't stress about the exam. It is easier than you think it is.

I hope everyone is done testing by the end of June. Hmmm...by my calculations, I'm thinking we'll be picking our Geo Prefs sometime next year :sarcasm:

There should be a panel in August or September, assuming they are actually running "quarterly" panels. If this is true, then we ought to get geopref emails pretty quick after testing concludes at the end of June. We received them about a month and a half prior to panels for Pubnat4.

Or am I just being foolishly optimistic here? :panic:

The "stickies" at the top of the forum are pretty accurate as far as the actual test is concerned. Practice on jeremeyjustice.com's game section for the ATC Scenario and the scan section. I never did find a practice "game" for the letter factory, but it seemed pretty easy to me, except for the awareness questions at the end (where a practice test wouldn't help, anyway). The applied math, angles, and dials sections were stuff a 7th grader could do. The analogies section was a little tough for me, at least the word analogies. I think you are either great at that sort of thing or you're not. The picture analogies seemed much easier. The analogies section was the last part of the test and I was ready to get out of there too, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

The The only thing that i would suggest that everyone else seems opposed to is dressing comfortably. You do not need to go in business casual attire. That being said, you also do not want to go in with a tank top and flip flops. I wore a pair of shorts and a nice polo shirt. The people administering the exam are just that: administering the exam. They are not giving you the interview and they have no bearing on whether you get hired or not. The only thing you need to impress them with is your test score. So if you feel most comfortable in jeans, wear jeans. More comfortable in a suit? Wear a suit. Just remember, you're going to be in there taking this (pseudo-stressful) exam for up to eight hours. Also, relax and don't stress about the exam. It is easier than you think it is.

Thanks for the reply I have read most of those just wondered if there was anything different this time around. Thanks

There should be a panel in August or September, assuming they are actually running "quarterly" panels. If this is true, then we ought to get geopref emails pretty quick after testing concludes at the end of June. We received them about a month and a half prior to panels for Pubnat4.

I don't know if they're necessarily having "quartely" panels...and given that it's the FAA, who knows what they'll decide. I have no idea how quickly or how slowly this will all take place, but I'm gonna guess it's going to be slow.

You all are farther along with more experience at this whole process than I have so pat yourself on the back for that :P Great bunch of information in this forum though. Wish I had something to contribute!

No, you're on target. The last panel was in April, so you are being generous with Aug, Sept. "Quarterly" panels seemed to have turned into...um...what's the word...thirdly panels.

Back