PSA Update

TheOneMarine

PSA offered more LOA's from Jan 5-30. HOWEVER, they are enhanced leaves and supposedly more for FA's. Just an update. Nothing too bad.

I just don't get it..They are running PSA as thin as possible and letting Piedmont run fat. I wish no ill on Piedmont I just don't understand why we cant start to get guys back. I guess I am just living with my hopes too high that I will get back online sometime soon.:(

Meanwhile they're TDY'ing FO's and CA's to lovely Dayon, OH...

Yeah, that one is a fun one to swallow. But I guess better that they offer ELOA's than to furlough more. CLT has so many on reserve compared to the other two that it was just a matter of time before they started bringing people to DAY.

Lets hope spring brings happy goodness to PSA and everyone else.

Yeeeeeeah, doesn't look good for a recall before the Spring (if that). Not while they are offering LOA's to pilots. Things could change tomorrow though.

Yeeeeeeah, doesn't look good for a recall before the Spring (if that). Not while they are offering LOA's to pilots. Things could change tomorrow though.

I think at least a few will be in spring, and I'm a pessemist (sp?). We'll see. But in the Hub, Airways execs said they don't plan on reducing any more flying and it doesn't sound like they will reach the 300 furloughs originally thought (take it with a grain of salt). Also, Parker said no to parking any more airways frames. We'll see. Not to mention lines for Jan and Feb are said to look about the same as they did in Nov and Dec. Not good but also means there were no reductions in the new year as was the plan. Also, why would they reduce in spring?

Spring for RECALL '09!!!! :D:p

So, if they have to TDY X months in a row, what are the odds of them displacing guys to DAY?

We did offer LOA's the last two months, but we are not offering them for Jan. I didn't look at the other bases, but I know SBY increased lines for Jan.

what's crackalackin' John? Man it's been one of those weeks and it's not even half over. Ten beers would be nice right about now. :crazy:

I just don't get it..They are running PSA as thin as possible and letting Piedmont run fat. I wish no ill on Piedmont I just don't understand why we cant start to get guys back. I guess I am just living with my hopes too high that I will get back online sometime soon.:(

It's as simple as fuel burn.....Bottom line...We are cheaper.

PSA offered more LOA's from Jan 5-30. HOWEVER, they are enhanced leaves and supposedly more for FA's. Just an update. Nothing too bad.

Well I spoke with one of my buds and he said a couple of captains asked him about his dte of hire cause there were rumors about more furloughs... now the VLOA comes out again... looks like we are not going to fly a PSA CRJ never again or maybe I am too pessimist reading all this.

By the way will be so nice if the union send to us at least once every month or so info about recall of new classes or at least "no recall in the near future" for love of God :panic: keep us in the loop.:banghead:

Well I spoke with one of my buds and he said a couple of captains asked him about his dte of hire cause there were rumors about more furloughs... now the VLOA comes out again... looks like we are not going to fly a PSA CRJ never again or maybe I am too pessimist reading all this.

By the way will be so nice if the union send to us at least once every month or so info about recall of new classes or at least "no recall in the near future" for love of God :panic: keep us in the loop.:banghead:

Guys, back in 2002, the airlines furloughed people upwards of 5 years. We've been gone 6 months at most. Just relax. Its a VLOA, a good one at that. from about 5 Jan to spring is the slow time anyway, then it booms. There has been no movement the last 3 months for anyone to leave. Hopefully Delta-west and Continental will hire a little soon and some of our Captains will bail.

It's just how it goes. I want to be back in the right seat but I am realistic about it. It's going to take time and movement and we haven't had it yet. Best case, early spring some folks get recalled. At least the ball will be moving. Too much sooner and you are setting yourself up to be let down. Hell, I was thinking about going to GL. Even talked to some of our PSA bros about it. Then realized it wasn't worth it. Patience grasshoppers :bandit::)

Back