PSA Update

Super secret squirrel squad told me. You guys know I cant reveal sources, but Ill just say this, my friend who is in the upper management area says no.But like I said before take it for what its worth. Like everyone I have come to find that no one really knows anything till something happens, then its sometimes something that no one thought would happen.

I can't even say that fast in my mind without screwing it up!

Super secret squirrel squad

HAH! That's awesome...That could be a TV show...

Anyhoo, remember this, management denies everything until it happens, the good, the bad, the ugly. I.E. two weeks before PDT closed our SYR crew base...Management was adamantly denying that was going to happen.

Anyhoo, remember this, management denies everything until it happens, the good, the bad, the ugly. I.E. two weeks before PDT closed our SYR crew base...Management was adamantly denying that was going to happen.

Can't speak for PDT's management, but that's 100% true of our management here. We're gonna lose the NWA flying! New ASA signed a week later. There's no new flying in the works. Delta flying announced shortly after. We have no plans of merging Pinnacle and Colgan. They're shopping for bigger office space and have tax incentives in place from the city of Memphis.

Minor correction...two weeks before the announcement was made, not the actual closure.

Ya'll just witnessed blond moment number 56,792.

Re Help verify pilot employment

I would appreciate some help in checking out a person that is bragging about being a 747 pilot (prior) for Delta Airlines. This guy just doesn't sound right. His story is affecting unduly a close friend on mine. Any suggestions?

RightSeatGirl,

How would I be able to contact a current Delta pilot. I have a close friend that introduced her new boyfriend....apartment manager that claims to be a former Delta 747 pilot. His stories and behavior just doesn't fit and I am concerned.

RightSeatGirl,

How would I be able to contact a current Delta pilot. I have a close friend that introduced her new boyfriend....apartment manager that claims to be a former Delta 747 pilot. His stories and behavior just doesn't fit and I am concerned.

For one thing, Delta has never had 747's of any model. Not until recently per the merger with NWA. And though the Delta livery is getting slapped on them as we speak. I don't think any of them are on line yet.

As for discrediting someone. I would say you should evaluate whether or not that is a fight you want to pick. Also, you need to ask in your own mind if your friend can take care of herself. You might be surprised at a woman's ability to sift through BS and then get away from it on her own. If she likes this guy you just may end up alienating her from you.

Let him brag..If it's harmless, then he'll only end up discrediting himself without your intervention and you'll come out on top in the end by just being a good supportive friend.

Thanks for the info on when Delta used 747's. Unfortunately the implications of this guy bragging about working for the airline goes to some credibility issues that are far reaching beyond just " a relationship". So it is important that I find a way to see a roster of former pilots (this guy is in his early 50's) This lady is more than a "little sister" to me and she has not been in a stable state of mind for sometime. He might have worked "behind the counter" possibly for Delta if at all. I would think a quick check on former pilots would be simple enough. This "bragging" is the key to his idenity and is already doing some harm.
Thanks for the input!

Yeah.... I'm thinking you (a random guy on the interweb) isn't going to be getting a Delta seniority list (even an old one) from anybody here. You MIGHT have some luck PMing one of the Delta guys the name and they could check and see. But that's probably pushing it as well.

I went on the FAA site and looked up "Search Arimen Certificate Information" under "Online Services". This guy never had a license anywhere in the USA or Mexico (he is Mexican/American)!

Shucks, you can pull up a copy of Amelia Earhart and Wiley Post's certifications! Anyone that was ever registered is on the data base. Rather cool! Thanks for the tip!

Back