PSA Update

IMO, people that go around bragging about being 747 drivers have never done it. I mean, hell, Polar doesn't go up to everyone he meets and says "I fly a whale. You're place or mine?"

Well lets update after round one has been awarded. Keep in mind 8 lines of DAY flying went to CLT this month. Thus CLT crews are going to deadhead to DAY to start trips due to DAY not having the coverage to have these lines.

Dayton will have a max of 13 FO's on RSV in Janurary. 15 CA RSV.

Charlotte will have a max of 21 FO's on RSV and 23 CA on RSV.

Knoxville will have a mx of 9 FO's on RSV and 13 CA on RSV.

Keep in mind that CLT will have 2 Hot CA's and FO's each day and DAY will have one CA/FO on hot each day. I dont know how this has been in the past but this is the current data after 1st round lines were awarded. Again I have no clue how this compares to other airlines so take it for what its worth. It seems most people on RSV are flying about 40ish hours. Not much but much better then this summer.

Paul, in order for your numbers to mean anything you need to include the TOTAL number of CAs and FOs in a given domicile. For example 13 reserve FOs in DAY may be a whole lot if there are only 30 people total. But if there's 50+ (which I think there are) then 13 isn't so many. Also, remember there may be some secondary build up lines scattered in there that will knock that number down some more.

Very true Ethan. However I guess I thought those who would want to know would be from PSA and know that. However you are right there are roughly 75 lines in CLT, 33 lines in DAY, and 33 lines in TYS I do believe. Also there will probably be a good amount of composite build ups for FO's and CA's that are not official build ups.

Keep in mind that we are still offering those LOA's as well for Jan. I have no clue when those get awarded. But for those who are following PSA I figured I'd put some numbers togther for you all. Now what that means? Hell if I know. I dont think anyone really could answer that.

As far as the LOAs... They aren't out yet, but my source says two captains and one FO in DAY. I think 4 CAs and two FOs in CLT and nobody in TYS.

As far as the LOAs... They aren't out yet, but my source says two captains and one FO in DAY. I think 4 CAs and two FOs in CLT and nobody in TYS.

And in my most humble oppinion, a whole bunch more tried for them but were denied. All in all a total assumption though.

OK, can I ask what may be a stupid question? How does your bid work? Do you bid lines based on cities, days, hours, all of the above ..... ? Just curious, as it seems there is a lot of time wasted either DHing, sitting waiting for your next leg, or stuck at an outstation most of the day until the next day (given a "normal" day with no absurd delays or cancellations). Seems like a highly inefficient use of resources from what I see on our end.

Seems like a highly inefficient use of resources from what I see on our end.

Oh, you guys notice that too?

Ask TK about why the schedules are so inefficient some time. There are a bunch of 4 day trips next month that credit less than 15 hours. Think about it... we're legal for 8 hours in a given day so 100 percent utilization would be 32 hours over 4 days and we are doing less than 50% of that.

Back