PPL checkride passed

Ace_High

6 months of hard work (while working full time) paid off and I now have my Private license! It feels great - now I am entering the "take the friends and family up stage." I'm finding that I really enjoy introducing outsiders to GA flying, already doing some unofficial instructing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The test was pretty straightforward - PTS. The examiner was a good guy; focused the oral questions on things I should know as a private pilot, like flying into the ADIZ - which isnt too far away. Did NOT ask questions like "describe cateogory,class and type with respect to airmen."

Went through all the manuevers, except S turns (not much wind that day). My steep turn to the left wasn't that great, to the right was much better. At the end he wanted a full stop short field landing. This was probably a little long, but I knew that as long as I didnt crash - I was golden.
He said it was an "excellent checkride" and called my instructor afterwards.

Took my girlfriend up right away when I got back to my home airport. One of my brothers is getting married this weekend, so it will be nice to be able to take some of the out of town/country relatives up for a spin. It's kind of been a goal of mine to have my license before the wedding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Well it has been 6 hours and nobody has said congrats, so I might as well say it.

Congrats!

I know the feeling, it is a great one.

Any more plans after this?

Good job! I passed the oral portion of my PPL checkride, but the examiner showed up an hour and half late, so we couldn't complete the flight portion. For some reason, I am dreading the flight.

"Any more plans after this?"

Yes, I will be heading to ATP starting the career program in January. I'm studying for the commercial written right now.

[ QUOTE ]
Good job! I passed the oral portion of my PPL checkride, but the examiner showed up an hour and half late, so we couldn't complete the flight portion. For some reason, I am dreading the flight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - I'm sure you'll be fine. The only thing I was really worried about was forgetting those clearing turns, and starting my timer for the XC. I put a post-it on the controls to remind me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back