pop ups

triple7

I am hoping that Doug hasnt turned to the dark side and allowed pop ups on his website.......Oh, wait it must be my imagination...Just kidding, seriously, i have been getting popups both on my work computer and my home computer when accessing JC. It is a sports gambling popup. Anyone else having this problem, or should i just go and get myself a blocker finally, and join the 21st century.

Never had a single pop up from JetCareers. I would check your machines for some hidden spyware or other program that could cause pop ups.

I haven't been getting any pop ups.....no problems here..
smile.gif

You may want to get a program SpyBot and run in to your computer. Sometimes websites will install SpyWare on your computer and you not know it. SpyBot will tell you what, if anything, is running. Otherwise, I like the Google Toolbar for blocking Pop-ups

This website has a strict No Pop Up Ads policy.

I've got five advertisers: Phoenix East, Ari-Ben, Paris Air, FlightSafety and ATP and if you're seeing anything other those five, you've got "spy ware" installed on your computers.

All of the ads are served "in house" and I've got 100% control over delivery.

Try "Ad Aware".

Have you downloaded anything with a box that says, want to save money, we've got this great application for you? Did you click yes on that? If you did, then you downloaded a little spyware program like Gator or something along those lines.

Go to download.com and check out spyware remover and find something to get rid of it.

yeah, i think you are right....something s on here....so, guess i wil check out my harddrive and find some software....these things are getting worse too. Mustbe another website i go to that did it because i get them at work too...same popups. i am getting two or three everytime i log in. oh well. thanks for the info.

I use Spy Bot and it seems to work very well for me. You should give it a try considering it's free. Don't worry though it's legit, here's an article about it PC Magazine. Hope this fixes your problem! Good Luck!
cool.gif

You are running Gator or some other GAIN network application, most commonly installed along with Kazaa or other P2P software as well as many "helpful" free internet utilities like toolbars. Check out www.pestscan.com, they have a free online spyware scan that even gives you instructions on what to remove if you can edit your own registry.

Another "must have" is a little program Ad-Aware .

There is a free version Lava Soft . It detects and removes privacy related spy ware. Also well regarded my PC magazine and recommended by Microsoft. It has frequent database updates and its great at finding junk on my machine. Also it puts zero junk on your PC when you run it.

[ QUOTE ]
most commonly installed along with Kazaa or other P2P software

[/ QUOTE ]
Since this point was brought up, I figured that I would mention that once you uninstall that spyware, Kazza and many of the other P2P file sharing softwares will be "crippled". This is how these compaines make their money, on spyware. The only P2P I can think of that won't be crippled once the spyware is removed, is Morpheus. Just a little FYI for ya.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
most commonly installed along with Kazaa or other P2P software

[/ QUOTE ]
Since this point was brought up, I figured that I would mention that once you uninstall that spyware, Kazza and many of the other P2P file sharing softwares will be "crippled". This is how these compaines make their money, on spyware. The only P2P I can think of that won't be crippled once the spyware is removed, is Morpheus. Just a little FYI for ya.
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Enter KaZaA Lite--KaZaA without the spy/ad-ware. The distribution also includes a little wonder called the Superhack, which is quite possibly the most effective anti-ad measure ever devised. It simply adds a large number of ad servers to your computer's "hosts" file with an IP address of 127.0.0.1 (the "localhost" address), which bypasses normal DNS lookups and prevents requests to these ad servers from being sent. Simply elegant!

Back