Thank you JC.

Ian_J

Hubschrauber Flieger
Not sure of the protocol here… some people announce after probation, some when the get the CJO… Some just Kaiser Sose off your seniority list and you find out later they went to SJI (@jynxyjoe ). I’m making this announcement because I owe the JC community and @Derg a huge amount of the credit for getting me where I am today.

Tonight I earned a 737 type at a Legacy 121 passenger airline that isn’t SJI, AA, Hawaiian, or Alaska. (I’m still not sure why we code airlines but I’m playing along. I think those of us at this airline should come up with a clever code.)

** I fully acknowledge this is a terrible time to be at the bottom of a seniority list – when I started, we were hiring 1000+ this year. Just two months later, poop happened! If the worst happens, I’ll deal with it.**

When I finished Indoc, they asked us all to tell the class about a mentor that got them in that seat that day. While I've had tons of folks who helped me out along the way, I mentioned @Derg as a driving force that got me to a Legacy Airline.

Back in 2007 or so when I joined JC, I learned way more about the airlines and how to get there thanks both to this website, and his personal mentorship. At NJC in Vegas and Chicago he convinced me an Army helicopter pilot could be an airline pilot. And he was the mentor that helped me make the decision to separate from the Army and give it a shot.

Well, 2008 happened and I didn't have the stomach to continue in the civilian world. But I kept in touch and kept on the website and even though I didn't have immediate plans to try for the airlines again, I kept up with his often repeated advice about networking and such (yes, some people actually DO listen to you!) and after I had an amazing part 2 career in the National Guard, he convinced me, once again, I could be successful on the outside and he dedicated his personal time to help me get into the business.

By utilizing the resources on this website and his personal advice, I'm a legacy airline pilot today.

I have tons of other people to thank on JC... @jtrain609 , @mikecweb , @Hacker15e , Carlos (forgot his screen name!), @Stone Cold , and @jynxyjoe come immediately to mind. You guys helped me out SO much and I have nothing but gratitude for all you have done. @Seggy – wow man… I can’t thank you enough for what you did for me. There were a lot of others who helped me navigate part 135 cargo back in 2007, there were many of you that helped steer me towards 9E in 2017, and last year lots of people helped me get CJOs with Frontier and JetBlue. I can’t thank all of you enough.

I of course know I have a huge debt to the community and am doing my best to pay my success forward. I spend a lot of time these days active in the RTAG community helping fellow rotor-heads achieve their goals, but of course am always available to JC for what very little I can do to help out considering the huge number of folks with much more experience than I have.

I can’t thank Doug and this community enough for helping me achieve this goal.

Congratulations man! Excited to see people moving up. Would've loved to come across the line at Frontier, but you totally made the better choice.

Congrats dude- welcome to the 737 crowd although im not at your shop! I agree JC is a huge resource and just do what you can to pay it forward and don't forget about those behind you!

Hopefully all this blows over in the next month or so and airlines get back to their hiring practices and the MAX comes back.

Same. Don't know what the big deal is. Not a good example of JC success at all.

If anyone, even HR people (who are from opposite land), meet him for more than 5 seconds you wanna hire him. It's nice he made friends here and gives wookie smeagle'huffuns and dumbasses (you can say ass here) like jtranny some credit... I mean I'll say it, I'm pretty impressive and amazing and I'm glad he got to meet me, but guys like Ian go far in this world because they're good honest people everyone loves.

Lotta guys need help on here. Lots. Just loser everywhere needing every bit of help. @Roger Roger comes to mind. Just useless management types that are no good. You know. Bad. :) Wuv you @Roger Roger .

Same. Don't know what the big deal is. Not a good example of JC success at all.

If anyone, even HR people (who are from opposite land), meet him for more than 5 seconds you wanna hire him. It's nice he made friends here and gives wookie smeagle'huffuns and dumbasses (you can say ass here) like jtranny some credit... I mean I'll say it, I'm pretty impressive and amazing and I'm glad he got to meet me, but guys like Ian go far in this world because they're good honest people everyone loves.

Lotta guys need help on here. Lots. Just loser everywhere needing every bit of help. @Roger Roger comes to mind. Just useless management types that are no good. You know. Bad. :) Wuv you @Roger Roger .
You’re a dear, Joe. Things finna be really interesting everywhere for the next couple months.

I'm happy for your success. I think I may have taken too much time off from my duties as a member of the JC Inner Circle/Cabal (ok, associate member) to know wtf the other goons are talking about. I am, however, still thrilled to hear of your beating of the odds. Keep up the good work, and as Ken Blankenship would remind you: "DON'T GET ELIMINATED".

Back