PNCL's first -900

do they not put "Connection" on them now?
It's only painted on the left side. It's a Bombardier thing. All our aircraft that we've painted have "connection" on both sides. The six we have gotten from Bombardier have the 'connection" missing from the right side. We think they have bad designs.

It makes me want to puke that ANY 'regional' airline is flying these aircraft. They have been designed to take away mainline jobs and continue the downward spiral of this industry.

Nothing against any individual who flies them, they should be flown with guys on mainline seniority lists.

w00t! 90 plane for 50 seat pay! Yea!!!!!

I'm sorry, but you must be thinking of the non-union pilots at Skywest. The Pinnacle pilots are currently in arbitration for the new payrates, per their contract, and they will not be getting 50-seat pay for 90-seat airplanes. The arbitration decision should be coming soon on exactly what the new rate will be.

It makes me want to puke that ANY 'regional' airline is flying these aircraft. They have been designed to take away mainline jobs and continue the downward spiral of this industry.

Nothing against any individual who flies them, they should be flown with guys on mainline seniority lists.

Amen, brother. I cringe every time I see one of the things in Atlanta with "Connection" written on the side. It wasn't too long ago when DAL 737-200s were being flown with just 100 seats for a lot more money.

I'm sorry, but you must be thinking of the non-union pilots at Skywest. The Pinnacle pilots are currently in arbitration for the new payrates, per their contract, and they will not be getting 50-seat pay for 90-seat airplanes. The arbitration decision should be coming soon on exactly what the new rate will be.

No doubt! Skywest too, but 9E doesn't have rates either. They might have them soon, but until they do (and you'd better believe that arbitrator will be looking at the Skywest rates to determine what the 9E rates will be), there is no 90 seat rate at Pinnacle.

No doubt! Skywest too, but 9E doesn't have rates either. They might have them soon, but until they do (and you'd better believe that arbitrator will be looking at the Skywest rates to determine what the 9E rates will be), there is no 90 seat rate at Pinnacle.

The Pinnacle contract is clear. The pilots won't be flying the airplanes until the arbitrator has ruled on the rates, and the arbitrator is required to look at industry-standard 76-seat rates to make his decision. The Pinnacle pilots will be flying the new airplanes at better payrates.

He's right..

Everyone bid it without a pay scale..

What should have happened was everyone told them to stuff it, until we got the rates...

He's right..

Everyone bid it without a pay scale..

What should have happened was everyone told them to stuff it, until we got the rates...

Wouldn't have done any good. The Pinnacle contract has displacement language that allows the company to displace junior pilots to the new equipment if nobody bids it. In fact, your plan actually would have helped the company, because they would have displaced their most junior pilots to these positions. That means that the new airplanes would be flown by the people with the shortest longevity, and therefore the lowest pay. I'm sure Pinnacle would have loved the opportunity to have a street Captain making $60ish an hour in the left seat of the new -900s rather than Joe H. who will probably be making near $100 an hour. If your MEC thought that it would have been advantageous to your bargaining position not to bid the equipment, then they would have told you so. Fact is, it would have done nothing to help you, and actually would have saved management some money.

Well.. I guess you told me.. That does indeed make sense..

Guess it's a good thing I'm not running the MEC.. :D

They have been designed to take away mainline jobs and continue the downward spiral of this industry

I don't think that's accurate. While I agree that these aren't exactly "regional" aircraft, they weren't designed to take away mainline jobs. That's simply rhetoric.

Was the 787 designed to return jobs to the mainline carriers?

damn that is a big regional airplane...i thought the Q was large...it makes it look like a jetstream

PQ? Who the hell thought up THAT ending for our tail numbers? At least it's not PT.

Hearing on the pay rates is this month, arbitrator ruling in Dec. Oh yeah, and there'll be a bunch of PCL pilots with signs out in front of the ATL airport on Dec 1st when this thing starts flying, too.

Back