PNCL's first -900

Oh yeah, and there'll be a bunch of PCL pilots with signs out in front of the ATL airport on Dec 1st when this thing starts flying, too.

I won't be able to picket with you guys (damned probation), but I'm hoping to stop by the strike center beforehand to see everybody. You gonna make it?

I won't be able to picket with you guys (damned probation), but I'm hoping to stop by the strike center beforehand to see everybody. You gonna make it?

If I've got the day off, I'll be there. ATL isn't that long of a flight from MEM.

Sure seems like I see more of these 70-90 seat aircraft in said mainline colors than new mainline aircraft.

I think the apathy on this site is because most of the growth and opportunities for members here who work for SKYW/Republotaco/PCL/Mesaba/Comair/ASA/ are on aircraft of this size. Guys basically shrug their shoulders because in the short term, thsese aircraft benefit them but long term probably hurt them and surely hurt those of us who will not be flying them.

MTSU_av8r:

In mid 2001 Rakesh Gangwal, then CEO of US Airways, publicly referred to RJs as "scope busters" and shortly after 09/11 said that the event opened certain doors to them that were closed prior to the attacks... i/e the use of force majeur to abrogate certain sections of the contract & improve their bargaining position.

The RJ may not have been designed by Bombardier to kill mainline jobs, but it has been successfully used by airline management for that purpose. Ask any of us that used to fly the DC9, F28, F100, 737-200...etc.

I don't think that's accurate. While I agree that these aren't exactly "regional" aircraft, they weren't designed to take away mainline jobs. That's simply rhetoric.

Was the 787 designed to return jobs to the mainline carriers?

Exactly right. ALPA is the driving force for the two-tier system. Before I left I broached this with some of my ALPA reps and the response was not only "NO" but "HELL NO" as far as tearing down the fence.

I thought the new 900's for Delta were owned by Freedom (Mesa)?

sate
Pinnacle is the only regional operating as Delta Connection that owns their -900's. Comair, SkyWest,and Freedom's -900's are owned by Delta.

Exactly right. ALPA is the driving force for the two-tier system. Before I left I broached this with some of my ALPA reps and the response was not only "NO" but "HELL NO" as far as tearing down the fence.

And there are still mainline pilots out there that think that way. It doesn't matter to them, but they're pulling the ladder up front under them so we can't climb up to the mainline jobs.

Mainline pay for mainline aircraft as far as I'm concerned. I don't care where these aircraft are, if they've got 90 seats then I want the old DC-9 pay rates on them.

Good luck.

Better to aim that way! Johns attitude is the type that one day might lead to pilots getting better compensation. Management eats all the crap you give them (not directly to you.) If you say, yeah right we'll never get paid x amount of dollars, you wont.

Give em hell John!

damn that is a big regional airplane...i thought the Q was large...it makes it look like a jetstream

The Q may be large but your Colganblow paycheck won't be! Good luck in Newark. Everytime you see an ExpressJet, just think "man those guys make more than me".

The Q may be large but your Colganblow paycheck won't be! Good luck in Newark. Everytime you see an ExpressJet, just think "man those guys make more than me".

What was the point of that post? lol.

I love how everything about Regional Jets is solely in their name. I mean, I could design a 120 seat jet, call it a McFlyRJ and mainline will never touch it.

At least they stopped calling EMB-170s RJs.

A couple of things people are forgetting when talking about these aircraft at the regionals.
1) Scope Clause. Mainline gave this up and it is 50% of what is killing us now.
2) ALPA. They allowed this to happen. Not only ALPA, but APA, etc.

It kills me too, watching these aircraft being operated at regionals. But it doesn't help when new people come into this industry and want to fly it at beyond sub-standard wages. I really hope PNCL get's a great rate for them.

Back