PNCL Files Chapter 11

Last couple of posts I've seen that this group is screwing up payroll again. I've ranted repeatedly when Colgan has screwed this up in the past. This is an absolutely inexcusable offense. It is never acceptable to make a mistake with payroll and to the best of my knowledge no CFO's, Comptrollers or any other high-level finance guy has been fired. If you are in bankruptcy, and if some people hassle about fueling you...or hotels won't let you in without a personal card - and then they STILL screw up your pay??? Hell no.

And, since union organized sick-outs, wildcat strikes, etc are not allowed...I will call one. Seriously. I'm not in a union, don't work for Pinnacle, etc. If your money isn't fully deposited in your account by Monday - and you go to work on Tuesday - then you are a lemming. Going forward, if a payroll day is missed, the next day automatically becomes "I have the flu" day. This is how it should be - period. There is no reasonable person that can disagree. Let's see how long it takes them to fix payroll when they have to cancel their entire schedule for screwing it up.

For such short notice, I say it was a pretty decent turnout.

It's about what 9E alone had the last time they held a picketing event.

I guess I was pretty apathetic. Of all the issues we could have addressed, payroll issues weren't at the top of my list. Poor management? Lack of proper managing of resources? Out of control executive payroll? I also took issue that the same people that said we shouldn't picket over lack of progress at the negotiating table were rabid about picketing over payroll. Like I told you last week.....Pinnacle MEC, I'm done.

I guess I was pretty apathetic. Of all the issues we could have addressed, payroll issues weren't at the top of my list. Poor management? Lack of proper managing of resources? Out of control executive payroll? I also took issue that the same people that said we shouldn't picket over lack of progress at the negotiating table were rabid about picketing over payroll. Like I told you last week.....Pinnacle MEC, I'm done.

I agree with the issues covered. I think we could have had a larger turnout if the issues we not limited to only payroll issues. In the back of my mind, I still wonder why they didn't use the media coverage to discuss executive pay raises. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Last couple of posts I've seen that this group is screwing up payroll again. I've ranted repeatedly when Colgan has screwed this up in the past. This is an absolutely inexcusable offense. It is never acceptable to make a mistake with payroll and to the best of my knowledge no CFO's, Comptrollers or any other high-level finance guy has been fired. If you are in bankruptcy, and if some people hassle about fueling you...or hotels won't let you in without a personal card - and then they STILL screw up your pay??? Hell no.

And, since union organized sick-outs, wildcat strikes, etc are not allowed...I will call one. Seriously. I'm not in a union, don't work for Pinnacle, etc. If your money isn't fully deposited in your account by Monday - and you go to work on Tuesday - then you are a lemming. Going forward, if a payroll day is missed, the next day automatically becomes "I have the flu" day. This is how it should be - period. There is no reasonable person that can disagree. Let's see how long it takes them to fix payroll when they have to cancel their entire schedule for screwing it up.

I like this. Show the enemy no quarter. At this same time... those who choose to participate in actions such as this take their jobs in their own hands when they do so. Tread lightly and pick your battles.

Give 'em hell, Pinnacle peeps.

Who are you, and what have you done with "motor oil" Waco?

Use of his JC login without his consent, is against forum policy, FYI.....

Contrarian as he is, I don't think he's ever advocated letting somebody screw you out of your due earnings. In fact, I think his point has been to advocate paying his people well so they're less inclined to grumble when he decides to ... lube something up. ;)

I got paid today (Saturday). However, there is no pay stub on-line. I also wish I could look at rainmaker outside of the crewroom. (unless they've completely gotten rid of rainmaker, if so how do I look at my pay?)

I got paid today (Saturday). However, there is no pay stub on-line. I also wish I could look at rainmaker outside of the crewroom. (unless they've completely gotten rid of rainmaker, if so how do I look at my pay?)
I have no problem getting into rainmaker from home... Sadly, none of the check airman pay goes into that... So I have to check the stub. I'm pretty sure it's not quite right, but we'll see

Sucks whats happening at PNCL, I got a couple UND buds suffering under this... For the military reservists at PNCL I want to mention to contact the ESGR (employer support guard and reserve) about the pay thing. Its an organization designed to protect the employment of military and while they can't prevent furlough or up a seniority number... pay problem are right up there alley.

Good Luck, I have a feeling any furloughs here will be short-lived...

I came down hard on Zimmerman because I am PRO gun rights - and therefore anyone that acts in a way that even calls into question the issue by the actions they take - I'm going to be harder on. I believe in a generally pro-management philosophy, but when you see a management act as badly as Pinnacle's or AMR's - I have to bring the hammer down because they give all of us a bad name. I am harder on my daughter because I expect more - same concept.

Contrarian as he is, I don't think he's ever advocated letting somebody screw you out of your due earnings. In fact, I think his point has been to advocate paying his people well so they're less inclined to grumble when he decides to ... lube something up. ;)

Firebird actually has this correct. I expect a lot out of employees, I measure them by numbers and data, and I am always willing to either replace a worker, outsource to technology that can do the job, or find ways to make them more productive. But - I treat them with dignity, they always know the score, and I always pay them on time. I simply think it would be unconscionable to screw with the wages you've promised and have already been earned. I don't know the personal financial issues my employees are facing - I'm assuming that I must fill a needed gap for them or they would find something else. I have to assume that every one of my employees is going to miss a mortgage payment, miss being able to buy meds for a sick kid or parent - even though they are all highly paid - and I NEVER screw with their paychecks. Paychecks are sacrosanct. I've had paychecks bounce before or simply not be there when I was young - I vowed to never put anyone in that position if I was in charge of people. I also have a very fun and open work environment believe it or not - in fact, I tell the employees my motor-oil analogy as relates to them to encourage them to use that same mentality when looking at expenditures for their own areas of responsibility. But you never screw with a persons check - it is like stealing.

Actually, it's "see how long it takes them to fire you." You don't get your job back for an illegal job action. No union is that good.

Yeah...I know. Let them fire the entire pilot group. What are they trying to save anyway - a company that bonuses executives a month prior to declaring BK so they can jam a bad deal down the employees throats? People may think I have a harsh world-view regarding employees - but I never lie to them, I don't take bonuses unless everyone takes a bonus (and it's always a smaller percentage), and any investment return I get is just that - an investment return to compensate for the risk I have and the capital I havetied up. What's to save with Pinnacle? I would start doing wildcat strikes every missed payroll - with the understanding that the lemmings that don't participate are scab-like and weak.

I came down hard on Zimmerman because I am PRO gun rights - and therefore anyone that acts in a way that even calls into question the issue by the actions they take - I'm going to be harder on. I believe in a generally pro-management philosophy, but when you see a management act as badly as Pinnacle's or AMR's - I have to bring the hammer down because they give all of us a bad name. I am harder on my daughter because I expect more - same concept.

Problem was, in the Zimmerman case, you came to a hard conclusion before any facts surrounding the meat of the incident even came to light. It would be like you punishing Maggie for something that you heard went on at school, before even knowing what her role was in it or not. :D In the case here in this thread, things are more clear-cut and out in the open, so I see your point well.

Firebird actually has this correct. I expect a lot out of employees, I measure them by numbers and data, and I am always willing to either replace a worker, outsource to technology that can do the job, or find ways to make them more productive. But - I treat them with dignity, they always know the score, and I always pay them on time. I simply think it would be unconscionable to screw with the wages you've promised and have already been earned. I don't know the personal financial issues my employees are facing - I'm assuming that I must fill a needed gap for them or they would find something else. I have to assume that every one of my employees is going to miss a mortgage payment, miss being able to buy meds for a sick kid or parent - even though they are all highly paid - and I NEVER screw with their paychecks. Paychecks are sacrosanct. I've had paychecks bounce before or simply not be there when I was young - I vowed to never put anyone in that position if I was in charge of people. I also have a very fun and open work environment believe it or not - in fact, I tell the employees my motor-oil analogy as relates to them to encourage them to use that same mentality when looking at expenditures for their own areas of responsibility. But you never screw with a persons check - it is like stealing.

Thats the thing that some don't get with your "motor oil" comment.....because they're taking the comment personally, rather than literally. Fact is, in the macro picture of a business, as far as shareholders are concerned, people ARE essentially numbers and data in terms of is that company profiting or losing, nothing more.....and that includes both management as well as the workers. In the micro picture, people are indeed individuals as well as on the individual level. With your explanation above, that differentiation and the fact that you understand and respect that, should be more apparent to doubters, I would think.

Yeah...I know. Let them fire the entire pilot group. What are they trying to save anyway - a company that bonuses executives a month prior to declaring BK so they can jam a bad deal down the employees throats? People may think I have a harsh world-view regarding employees - but I never lie to them, I don't take bonuses unless everyone takes a bonus (and it's always a smaller percentage), and any investment return I get is just that - an investment return to compensate for the risk I have and the capital I havetied up. What's to save with Pinnacle? I would start doing wildcat strikes every missed payroll - with the understanding that the lemmings that don't participate are scab-like and weak.

Todd can correct me and would know better than me on this, but I think what Todd is saying is "why knowingly walk into a minefield when you know there's a 100% chance of getting blown up, and no ability to not?", regards illegal job actions and any possible protections from doing them. I don't know.....maybe Im mis-interperting it....

Todd can correct me and would know better than me on this, but I think what Todd is saying is "why knowingly walk into a minefield when you know there's a 100% chance of getting blown up, and no ability to not?", regards illegal job actions and any possible protections from doing them. I don't know.....maybe Im mis-interperting it....

Well - part of this is that I'm a thrill-seeker. And it is particularly thrilling when others are taking the risk and I can just watch and comment on the fall-out. I can't be more honest than that.

Second - I seriously don't think that they would fire everybody - and if it isn't an ALPA sanctioned event, then it would be interesting to take the chance. Does Pinnacle take care of over-draft fees for auto-checks drawn the day after payroll doesn't show up? Does Pinnacle make any kind of remuneration at all for their incompetence? Does Pinnacle BONUS the management team just before BK and they still can't figure out payroll? Imagine the chilling effect if a wildcat strike happened. Pinnacle can fire ALL their pilots and go out of business...or they can stop screwing up.

But, mostly I just think it would be a blast to witness and comment on, particularly because I have no skin in the game.

Indeed it would be interesting to see what would happen if EVERYONE there (or anywhere in the same situation, for example) said to heck with the RLA and did an illegal work action strike. Just as a "thinking out loud", what could legally be done to everybody? Mass firing? Would it force the company to it's knees? Shut the place down?

Again, its not my area of expertise, and I can only think of the PATCO strike, but those guys being federal workers were in a different boat legal-wise, I would think.

Indeed it would be interesting to see what would happen if EVERYONE there (or anywhere in the same situation, for example) said to heck with the RLA and did an illegal work action strike. Just as a "thinking out loud", what could legally be done to everybody? Mass firing? Would it force the company to it's knees? Shut the place down?

Again, its not my area of expertise, and I can only think of the PATCO strike, but those guys being federal workers were in a different boat legal-wise, I would think.

If someone doesn't pay me, haven't they broken the contract? Next Pinnacle contract - assuming they stay in business - would have to include "You screw up payroll, we miss work till it's fixed." And I would not negotiate on that item at all.

Back