Plane Down in Buffalo - Colgan Continental Flight 3407

Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences go out to the families. Life is so fragile yet a lot of us take it for granted.

Somehow, I'm going to have to get some sleep tonight and go to EWR later today. I'm off until the 21st, but should be there for moral support. Please pray that I can gather the strength to help out my fellow crewmembers at this incredibly horrible, sad time.

Incredibly tragic. I just listened to the tape and to hear the cheer in the FO's voice just seconds before her death is gut-wrenching. I don't think any of us ever imagines that "living the dream" could end so horribly.

R.I.P.

I'm surprised they haven't taken the tape off the air yet.

it's not good to listen and start speculating...that brings about unknown fear when we all know life is such a risk in itself.

just IMO and my 0.02

Incredibly tragic. I just listened to the tape and to hear the cheer in the FO's voice just seconds before her death is gut-wrenching. I don't think any of us ever imagines that "living the dream" could end so horribly.

R.I.P.

Same here, I just listened to the recording. I am getting chills all over my body.

Sad Sad Sad. My heart felt sympathy goes out to everyone affected. :(

Maybe be icing, a pilot on Foxnews is saying it might have been on fire while in the air..........very sad.

Keep strong Colgan!

I'm surprised they haven't taken the tape off the air yet.

it's not good to listen and start speculating...that brings about unknown fear when we all know life is such a risk in itself.

just IMO and my 0.02

I agree with you.... although I think it is a good reality check on our own mortality. This accident hurts... it hits home.... and it makes me rethink the value of life.... it rams home the fact that what I say today to someone may be the last thing I ever get the chance to say to that person.

arrggggg. Listening to these people on the news is so irritating. I don't expect them to know technical aviation jargon and what not, but it is still very frustrating.:banghead:

Sad day in aviation...RIP.

I was alright for a little, and then all of a sudden, I just felt like crap, I got into a real depressed mood. And then I logged online and read this on the news. Apparently right when I started to feel like crap the plane had crashed. I am so sincerely sorry for everyone who was involved, or who had the chance to meet them.

My condolences.

My sympathy goes out to the passengers, crew, and family of those aboard Colgan 3407. I hope that this accident wil serve as a reminder of the dangers we face every day at work in the aviation industry.

I'm here with my gf and her roommate (both CJC check FA) and they knew all 5 of them. Its going to be a long and sad night. My prayers for everyone involved and their families

arrggggg. Listening to these people on the news is so irritating. I don't expect them to know technical aviation jargon and what not, but it is still very frustrating.:banghead:

Sad day in aviation...RIP.

Same here. They misreport and talk about something they have no knowledge. I don't know where they find their "experts" but they don't a clue. I swear a student pilot would know more sometimes.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this crash. There was a woman on this flight that lost her husband on 9/11.

Yeah. It's been on in the background for the past few hours. I guess it goes hand in hand with working at an FBO.

I can see how most people don't understand the workings of aircraft and flight because it can be pretty complex, but listening to some of these questions can kinda kill me...

That and the whole "well we don't want to speculate..."
YES! You DO! It's how the media runs their deal. If they weren't trying to speculate, they wouldn't be asking dumb questions! That's not to mention the fact that the lack of information is continually broadcast for hours with no updates.

Best one of the night:
"Well we don't want to speculate here, but as an aviation expert, what do you think happened?"
speculate (spec-u-late): to indulge in conjectural thought

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back