Plane Down in Buffalo - Colgan Continental Flight 3407

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen to that...Were you with them in YUL Sunday/Monday?

no... it's probably been around 2 months since I've worked with them.

I was in burlington once and had a bad headache and started to feel really nauseous. <..> took care of me. I was in such bad shape she held my head against her shoulder during the van ride and took care of me like a mother to a son. I'll never forget when once she told me, "your mother must be very proud to have a son like you". The two of them were hands down the best FA's I've ever worked with and amazing people. This is not happening.

Yeah, I knew the entire crew. Unbelievable! In fact, I just saw the FA's a few days ago and I'd flown w/ both of them about 1 month ago. They were a great pair and they always bid their trip together! I'm in complete disbelief. :(

I also heard we had at least one additional crew member non-reving in the back....although, I can't confirm this as of yet.

I was afraid to ask about that. This just gets sadder and sadder.
I agree about the 2 fas. They were inseparable.

no... it's probably been around 2 months since I've worked with them.

I was in burlington once and had a bad headache and started to feel really nauseous. D.P. took care of me. I was in such bad shape she held my head against her shoulder during the van ride and took care of me like a mother to a son. I'll never forget when once she told me, "your mother must be very proud to have a son like you". The two of them were hands down the best FA's I've ever worked with and amazing people. This is not happening.

You are so right! They were the warmest, most nurturing women. I knew the FO (great young woman) but not the CA. I think he was a transition guy.

Definately hitting me hard...

The more I think about it... it's making more sense as to why. Not only do we have a lot of Colganites here on JC, but we also have a large group of XJT'rs... and we share a bond that is more than just being fellow aviators.

• We've really worked hard on developing a strong relationship with Colgan during their Union Drive
  • Many of us are friends on JC
  • We see each other almost every day in the Terminals and on the Taxiways in EWR
  • Both XJT and Colgan fly this exact same route every day
Godspeed to the crew, pax, and bystanders... and my condolences to those who personally knew any of them.

Bob

This is so difficult to fathom...I was asleep and my phone went off with a text from another airline friend at ASA asking if I was alright...I had a bad feeling when I logged on and saw the posts...Been thru this in the military, and I never thought I'd go thru it again. My prayers and love go out to all the families effected by this.

watching the news here in buffalo, which has been live since about 10:30 with the bad news; no real changes. same info as has been stated. they have said this is not a "rescue" situation, so that kind of says it all. if you want to check out the area the plane crashed the address is 6050 LONG ROAD, Clarence NY. you can google map it to get an idea of the area of the crash.

News quoted ATC guy as saying "...the aircraft just dropped off the radar screen about 4 miles out..."

weather today and yesterday up her in BUF has been pretty nasty. temperature swing from just above to just below freezing. rain, snow, slushy nastiness. Lots of schools were closed today and it has been just generally nasty outside. actually, it was an unusually miserable day today.

good night all. god bless.

RIP to all lost, and my prayers are with everyone involved family,friends, coworkers. It seems the longer im in aviation and the higher up i get in ratings the worse it feels when i hear about something like this.

RIP to all. I can only hope the ntsb is swift and provides closure for the family members and the Colgan family. The loss is painfull, and I hope the healing can begin soon.

I am so saddened by this -- If we are even going tommorrow I am flying the CJC BUF turn tommorrow afternoon and I am so shaken by what has just happened.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the crew, familys and everyone-- I can't even type what I need to type.

Management on their way to Buffalo:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CJC6856

My sister said she has never been so sad to see a Saab at Manassas considering it doesnt go there anymore :(
does that mean colgan grounded the fleet right afterwards no matter where any of the planes were?

seeing the tail of the plane and the pitch it's at is incredibly eerie to me, i need to change the channel... this is SO horrific and sad, even for us spouses :( :(

My God. The CA of that flight was on my plane this evening before I left to do an ALB turn swapping out some papers. We were cracking some jokes about my crew. I can't believe it.

I am so saddened by this -- If we are even going tommorrow I am flying the CJC BUF turn tommorrow afternoon and I am so shaken by what has just happened.
ok, i'm gonna say this just as a mother hen type of thing, of course you should already know this...but...if you don't feel comfortable flying tomorrow, let them know alright? it's perfectly normal to be shaken up and they should see it as a perfectly normal response by one of their employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back