Pinnacle guys - is it almost finally time?

Well option A has not worked for 5 years, so i think its about time to move on to option B. How was pinnacle allowed to re open the scheduling section about two or so months ago, where is the bad faith barganing there? I believe that enough people are finally pissed off enough that there is a small storm brewing amongst the rank and file and i think come late july you are going to see a new direction being taken no matter where we are in negotiations.

You guys are just inches away from a deal. You're almost there. Have some faith.

As far as scheduling, it wasn't bad faith bargaining because your MEC decided it was more worthwhile to bargain over PBS rules than to claim a bad faith bargaining charge and try to stop a PBS system that was already implemented. That was a losing argument.

We've got ONE issue right now, and really the only thing stopping it is management's two year old mentality of "We want it our way. WAAAAAAAAH!!!" If the NMB parks us again, so be it. I'd rather them park us than cave in on what they want. The odds of us getting screwed in arbitration are pretty good. All management has to do is drop Skywest in front of an arbitrator, and then we run the risk of said arbitrator pointing to them and saying "They're already doing it." If the NMB releases us, I've got faith that SOMETHING will happen in 30 days. If not......my Doc Martens are pretty darn comfortable.

All management has to do is drop Skywest in front of an arbitrator, and then we run the risk of said arbitrator pointing to them and saying "They're already doing it."

Would the arbitrator take other things that Skywest does into account as well if we were brought into the equation? If they say "Skywest does this", then why on earth should you not be able to say "Skywest pays more than 24/hr for 2nd year FO's, has a daily guarantee, and duty rigs"? (Sorry, just don't like the implication that it's skywest's fault)

I don't mind being cross-utilized on the 200/700. I'm not a fan of the BHO, but having both AC as an option substantially increases my quality of life.

Would the arbitrator take other things that Skywest does into account as well if we were brought into the equation? If they say "Skywest does this", then why on earth should you not be able to say "Skywest pays more than 24/hr for 2nd year FO's, has a daily guarantee, and duty rigs"? (Sorry, just don't like the implication that it's skywest's fault)

I don't mind being cross-utilized on the 200/700. I'm not a fan of the BHO, but having both AC as an option substantially increases my quality of life.

Since compensation is already closed, then no. They want to sign the contract THEN go into arbitration for dual qual and the work rules that go along with it. Doubt the arbitrator would be able to touch pay in that instance, just the rules. We've only got 16 -900s, but that's where a majority of our "over staffing" issues are. Basically, they want to be able to DH those guys in the system to cover the shortages on the -200 without displacing (expensive). I also think Delta wants them to keep a certain staffing in ATL, so they'd be able to keep the staffing on paper, but cover the shortages elsewhere at the same time. If we went with what the company wants (the Skywest model) all the -900 pilots would see an immediate cut in pay, and any time they were in training, sick, vacation or whatever, they'd get paid -200 wages even if they flew the -900 the other 50-51 weeks of the year.

Since compensation is already closed, then no.

Gotcha. They're trying to throw in a pay cut, then. I understand. I know it's different too when you've got 90% of one airplane and 10% of the other.

The thing is, dual qualification is *really* good for the company, can be OK for the pilots (as in our situation where the block hours are closer to 50/50)...so I have no problem with it considering some of the other benefits we get.

Basically, they want to be able to DH those guys in the system to cover the shortages on the -200 without displacing (expensive)

Do you guys get full pay for deadheads now, or is that going to be in the TA?

The thing is, dual qualification is *really* good for the company, can be OK for the pilots (as in our situation where the block hours are closer to 50/50)...so I have no problem with it considering some of the other benefits we get.

See, that's just it. They don't wanna tell us what their plan is. They just stand there with the arms crossed and pretty much say they won't accept anything but what they've put forward. Sounds like an impasse to me, but we'll see. I know it's good for the company, which is why our negotiating committee is trying to make sure it's good for the pilots, too. If they agree to just go blindly into arbitration, they aren't really doing that.

Do you guys get full pay for deadheads now, or is that going to be in the TA?

Haven't seen it, but I hear it's 75% DH pay. Not sure, though.

ok so the way i understand it from the email we all got is that we are waiting to hear back from the mediator which could be tomorrow or 6 weeks from now i guess and he is going to tell us what? You are released? Lets try it again for another week? Ive got my Home Depot Application filled out, im ready for the 30th day!

ok so the way i understand it from the email we all got is that we are waiting to hear back from the mediator which could be tomorrow or 6 weeks from now i guess and he is going to tell us what? You are released? Lets try it again for another week? Ive got my Home Depot Application filled out, im ready for the 30th day!

Pretty much what I gathered as well. From what I heard, the NMB is meeting this week to discuss it. I'm guessing the options would be "get them back to the table","park them again" or "release them." Honestly, this COULD be worked out if the company were willing to talk about it. There's loads of ways to solve the dual qualification issue, but the details have to be worked out. It's hard to work those out when the company INSISTS on just agreeing to get it and letting it fall to an arbitrator down the road. To me, that just smacks of bad faith bargaining.

Dual qual is a paycut in a lot of situations. Mesa does it and then if you call in sick on your 900 trip they pay you at 200 rates.

Dual qual is a paycut in a lot of situations. Mesa does it and then if you call in sick on your 900 trip they pay you at 200 rates.

Yep. That's one of the things we're trying to avoid. If you fly -900 trips all year, do you get -200 pay for recurrent ground? That's what our management wants here. Vacation? -200 pay. I'd actually be okay for X pay for the -200, an override for the -900 and something in the middle for training/vacation. Sick calls should be pay protected on what you were scheduled.

rumor has it that the nmb was supposed to be back with us today, I find this highly unlikely so soon. Any news?

rumor has it that the nmb was supposed to be back with us today, I find this highly unlikely so soon. Any news?

Not sure where that rumor actually came from, other than the company message boards. I just heard "sometime this week" and no hard dates.

I just can't see them releasing us, I hope i am wrong if the out come is not a TA soon. Also, it seems we might have some posturing going on by certain mec members to get other mec members on their voting side - very interesting indeed. I hope they stay strong.

I just can't see them releasing us, I hope i am wrong if the out come is not a TA soon. Also, it seems we might have some posturing going on by certain mec members to get other mec members on their voting side - very interesting indeed. I hope they stay strong.

Not liking what I hear is in the contract from the R&I guys.... I guess, #1, the ATL guys "got their raise" so they aren't going anywhere pay-wise.... in fact a few cents down because that's what the company wanted to get scope and the co wanted to save $20,000 in ATL....

Sounds like we'll get a cooling off period by this Friday.

Not liking what I hear is in the contract from the R&I guys.... I guess, #1, the ATL guys "got their raise" so they aren't going anywhere pay-wise.... in fact a few cents down because that's what the company wanted to get scope and the co wanted to save $20,000 in ATL....

Sounds like we'll get a cooling off period by this Friday.

If the scope clause is truly what I'm hearing, I think it might have been worth "a few cents" to secure it. No good having a high pay rate if they can just send our flying to Colgan. I don't think we've heard the end of compensation with the -900 since dual qual is still rearing its ugly head.

As for what I've heard from the R&I, that's got me pretty steamed. I heard current book on 401k, which is appalling since it's already the worst in the industry. I'm hoping that's wrong since I haven't seen the actual TA yet, so I'm hoping for the best but prepping for the worst.

pilotlight said:

Yeah, that's turning into an ugly mess. I missed the LEC meeting thanks to scheduling sending me in and out of IND, but I heard some of the stuff that went down. If what I hear is true that some people on the MEC are campaigning for said rep and soliciting proxy votes, we need another recall. MEC should just be sitting on their hands in this situation and letting the membership decide rather than influencing votes.

If the scope clause is truly what I'm hearing, I think it might have been worth "a few cents" to secure it. No good having a high pay rate if they can just send our flying to Colgan. I don't think we've heard the end of compensation with the -900 since dual qual is still rearing its ugly head.

Not sure I get your position.... so it's okay that we lose a few cents (to save $20,000 a year) to secure flying? Why don't we knock off a few cents from the old and new 200 rates to help out? Or..... they could open a vacancy of ONE to any other base and the most junior ATL FO would probably gladly GTFOOH. It'll be totally awesome for the difference in pay between airframes to be pennies on the dollar.... :confused:

25% of your first 5%.... just remember that <5 year guys.... that's what you get in your 401k....

If the scope clause is truly what I'm hearing, I think it might have been worth "a few cents" to secure it.

It certainly is. Scope is everything.

Yeah, that's turning into an ugly mess. I missed the LEC meeting thanks to scheduling sending me in and out of IND, but I heard some of the stuff that went down. If what I hear is true that some people on the MEC are campaigning for said rep and soliciting proxy votes, we need another recall. MEC should just be sitting on their hands in this situation and letting the membership decide rather than influencing votes.

What's going on? PM if you'd prefer. I haven't heard about this mess somehow.

Not sure I get your position.... so it's okay that we lose a few cents (to save $20,000 a year) to secure flying?

Scope is everything.

Back