Pilots- Things you've said on frequency meant for the cabin?

Re: Pilots- Things you've said on frequency meant for the ca

Haven't announce anything cabin like on the frequency. . .but of course. . .I've forgotten that I was in PA and the PA was still selected.

Sure enough, I told everyone in the back we'll maintain 250 kts.

:eek:

Only thing I ever did was call the cabin for push.

We were in sequence on a cross country trip with another one of our companies planes. They were just ahead of us and on the same center freq. Anywho...

The Captain I was paired with was returning to the cockpit after checking on the pax. As he manuevered his way into his seat, a hissing noise came across the radio on our headsets. "What the ****** is that noise?" he asks me. "Beats the ******* out of me" says I. And the expletive filled conversation went this way for the next minute or so as we looked for the source of the hissing. "**********!!!" He cries out...and the noise stopped. The hand-held Mic was hot. Upon returning to his seat, his foot kicked the hand held mic (attached to the yoke) slightly out of its holder and depressed the transmit button. As soon as he reset it, the frequency came alive with ATC saying somebody's got a stuck Mic. I turned to the Captain and asked him "Do you think they heard our "conversation"? "Nah...these handhelds can't pic up ambient noise very well."

Not 2 minutes after I asked the Captain this, our Airfone rang...it was the other crew in our flight. They wanted to know if we found out what "that ******** noise" was.

You're assuming I fly with a headset.

OH NO!!! RJ+HAND MIC = DEATH

I actually can't say I've flipped up the switch before when just normally talking. I can see how it could happen though.

We're not allowed to be headset-less below 18 grand..... lucky you I guess.

Well, heres one.

PHL-BOS. Im in range and the FA calls me to give me the specials. I swap on over, take the requests, and get ready to call ops.

"Boston Ops, Brickyard 3482."

"Boston Ops, Brickyard 3482."

I look at the CA.

"Ya know, they never answer the phone in Boston. Its aggravating...."

"Yeah." He says. "Eh, just try em again and if they don't answer, they can deal with us on the ground."

"Sure" I say.

"Boston Ops, Brickyard 3482. Anybody home?"

To which the FA calls again and says "It would probably be easier to actually call them then put it over the PA. I bet they would hear you better." I never switched back over after I talked to her!:eek:

Needless to say we kept the door shut until the peeps were off at my request. I felt like a knucklehead!

Try accidentally setting the can on that damn "PA PTT" button down on the pedestal. Oops.

Well, I heard this on JFK's TWR frequency a while ago:

Pilot: "Folks, from the flight deck. Again, we'd like to welcome you to New York. The weather this evening is nice with some partly cloudy skies and a temperature of 71 degrees. We'll be taxiing for a few moments to our gate, which will be gate xxx for this evening."

TWR: "Aw, come on! Are you guys gonna let him get away with that?!"

Various other pilots: "Welcome to New York!" "I don't think the weather's so nice." "What was our gate again?" ...
:laff::laff::laff: Gotta love the NYC airspace.

I've heard this at Newark when I was fresh off of IOE last year:

Pilot: Folks we're next to takeoff. Flight attendants please be seated for depature.

Various others: Roger!

No mercy at Newark. :)

I have cleared the cabin for: takeoff, change freq., decent to 7000, direct to some many places, postion and hold, and one time the PA got stuck while parking and I was talking bad about the rampers.

If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll laugh at you.

I laugh at myself a lot.

Thanks for fessing up; I've done it too, but mine aren't nearly as interesting.

I had a train whistle I bought at the Sacramento train museum and just before pushback I would blow it over the cabin speaker and the flight attendant would say "all aboard", it was pretty funny until one trip I blew it over the ground freq. and the ground controller said, "choo choo train calling ground go ahead".

You got to get an Easy Button from Staples. Now thats fun for the low oxygen levels in your brain!!

Back