Any pilots' worse nightmare..

@///AMG I never thought about all the restrictions. I sure as hell wouldn't qualify for any of those seats.

F-111 style would even be better. Also run two sets of black boxes. One that leaves with the capsule and one that stays with the aircraft.

In regards to the undeclared hazmat, what is the penalty for the shipper? Should charge them with Murder or at least man slaughter

Actually, I should caveat what I said before......I do know a guy from flight school who later punched out during an aborted go around and who was just fine afterwards. So it isn't all doom and gloom.....just that the risk is still pretty high, thus not making it something that you really truly ever consider unless in the most dire situation (some sort of situation I have never been in)

An aborted Go Aound? That sounds ugly

That rule is written in blood, and in my time, the carcasses of at least 3 jets that live now only in my logbook (luckily not for their final flights). You get to change your mind once........more than that, and you have just bought a class A, and possibly a funeral. The annals of pointy nose aviation history are decorated with poor souls spinning off the runway and flipping upside down in full blower after playing seesaw with the throttles at 150 kts.

Then you are screwed if you get avionics smoke which happens a lot more often than a cargo fire in the back
not if you have a fan to remove that..you would use the same techniques for that...lol

it's when you have an out of control fire in the back that destroys the control capability.

That's the contingency we're talking about and only for cargo planes...if it's passenger you're stuck with it.

That's what we were talking about...

Back