Pilot Bid Packages

I think SWA guys only get paid wheels off, wheels on. Hence their prepensity to taxi rather quickly.

When they were reltivly new and buzzing around STL the OZ guys would hop on the radio and call rotate when they saw a SWA jet taxi by.
grin.gif

Actually, I think they get paid per trip. But I might be wrong.

Also, when you're doing 25 minute turns all day, a few delays can really ruin your day!
smile.gif

We have a 75 hour guarantee, meaning that all pilots are guaranteed to make at least 75 hours of pay monthly (unless they drop trips to go below that).

If you are awarded a line, you also have a line guarantee. For example, if your line is blocked at 90 hours, then that becomes your guarantee for the month.

Guarantees are computed on a daily basis. Whatever flying you have blocked for the day is your guarantee. If you are schedule to fly 4:30, then you are guaranteed 4:30 of pay.

If you underblock, fly less than 4:30 (which frequently happens), then you still get paid the full amount.

If you overblock, fly more than 4:30, then your actual flight time (from parking brake release to shutdown) is what you are paid. For example, the other day had left the gate for a 0:45 minute flight when the airport shut down due to thunderstorms. We sat on the taxiway for over 2 hours and ended up going an hour above our guarantee at the end of the day, so we made an extra hour of pay.

So if you overblock on one flight, you might underblock the next. The net overblock for the day would be what you are paid.

To further muddy the waters, some work is above guarantee. If you pick up "open time" trips on your days off, then that is paid above your line guarantee.

Additionally, we also get full pay for canceled trips.

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Mesa have some pay deal ,back when, where the pilots wouldn't get paid if the plane didn't actually touch down at it's destination (as in a WX divert).

Seem to remember something like that.....or I could be mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL is that a misinterpretation
smile.gif

Mesa got paid segment time UNLESS the plane diverted, in which case they got paid block time or segment, whichever was higher.

It led to a lot of diversions!

Back