Picto Companies Hiring for 2017-2018 Season (Fresh Commercial)

Survey pilots! How's the season going? Travelling to cool places? Does your company suck? Racking up the hours?

Love my company and boss, no complaints there. As far as the hours go, after waiting for leaves to fall, a computer failure at the beginning of a weekend followed by a muffler leak into the cabin the hours are not racking up as fast as I hoped. I am 25 hours behind the others at my company but still got 75 hours last month even with the above mentioned problems so no complaints at all. Cool places, I guess, waiting for our next cool place to drop tomorrow morning.

Does anyone have any insight for the phone interview. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

This is generic for any Pictometry company. I'd just familiarize yourself with what the job is asking of you and the time you're expected to be on the road. If you're cool with being on the road for quite a bit let them know why you'll be a good fit and if you have any examples to back that up great. There may try to delve into your decision making and ask you a few questions about situations you may encounter while on the job or relocating between projects and it's always best to play it a bit safe. There's never a rush enough to justify acting unsafe as one of the picto vendors lost a plane trying to relocate at night, through mountainous terrain and ran into some icing and crashed just last month.

Survey pilots! How's the season going? Travelling to cool places? Does your company suck? Racking up the hours?
Season's done for me. Overall great experience! Picto has to be one of the best first jobs out there. Logged ~550 hours in 6 months and went coast to coast top to bottom to top. Good times!
51a3e2bfc3e2a8b0ad60924af3c8fa05.jpg
81cd994950ed9524593f2856c5a0b5c7.jpg

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Season's done for me. Overall great experience! Picto has to be one of the best first jobs out there. Logged ~550 hours in 6 months and went coast to coast top to bottom to top. Good times!
51a3e2bfc3e2a8b0ad60924af3c8fa05.jpg
81cd994950ed9524593f2856c5a0b5c7.jpg

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Ever any chance to 'go home' any of that time?

Sure thing, though I don't know how applicable it will be to the American Picto Vendors (I was with the Canadian one). As usual I got the job through networking with someone already there. The interview was pretty basic and straight forward (no technical). Went up for a basic skills flight. They emphasize taking people with good radio skills as you work in some congested airspace. Training was good! A mix of aircraft handling and actual line flying.

As winter rolled in we got pushed south (chased by snow). Spent Christmas in Florida. As Spring came we moved north and then during summer moved west.

Maintenance was top notch. Days were long when the weather was good, but there was also a fair amount of downtime due to crappy weather. The weather requirements can be pretty high requiring basically SKC days.

IFR time when repositioning was an option. I never really took advantage of it cause I just didn't feel comfortable handling the US system (small differences but differences none the less). I preferred to try and get as much night x/c as I could get and logged about 25 hours (ATPL requirement up here) over the 6 months, obviously this was easier when the days were shorter.

PM if you want to know more.

Back