Picto Companies Hiring for 2017-2018 Season (Fresh Commercial)

So Northern States Aviation doesn't have their own flight department anymore? Or do they?

I believe they still do pipeline surveys, but sold off their picto fleet to williams aerial survey in indiana who now call that side of their business ground imaging, or at least they did last season.

I see, I'll give them a call sometime in the next few weeks I guess to check.

I'd do it sooner than later if I was you as the season typically starts in October and they'll likely have their spots filled by then if they don't already.

I interviewed with Acme Survey(leaving out on purpose) last week. Do some paperwork when you get there. Wait around and then you do the ground first or the flying first. The ground is a 170 question test that covers about everything in the book, you have an one-hour time limit. After that, they will go over the test and you will also do some flight planning to some places. The flying part you will be in a 172, go out do some air work, stalls, steep turns, engine out, come back and do the ILS, and the LOC. Then you'll fly a lap in the pattern and do a power off 180. It was very very laid back the whole time. Lots of waiting around, not a lot of information other than what you were doing next. I was offered a job and a contact. And after reviewing the contact I elected not to take the job. You can message me for more info inf you like.

I interviewed with Ground yesterday on the phone. It was a very informative interview and very structured. Some of the good points I liked, W2 employee, they pay for travel (hotel, airfare, rental car), opportunity to move up to faster and larger aircraft(Aztec, Clifton, aero commander < my fav). You only get paid Min wage but its hourly so it actually adds up pretty quick after overtime kicks in. If you want to know more information message me.

I interviewed with Ground yesterday on the phone. It was a very informative interview and very structured. Some of the good points I liked, W2 employee, they pay for travel (hotel, airfare, rental car), opportunity to move up to faster and larger aircraft(Aztec, Clifton, aero commander < my fav). You only get paid Min wage but its hourly so it actually adds up pretty quick after overtime kicks in. If you want to know more information message me.

What is a Clifton?

I had a digital interview with Verisk for GEOMN, 6 questions, 1. Tell us about you. 2.Tell us about the most challenging flight experience you have had. 3, What are your short term career goals?. 4 List the basic job requirements and wanted you to go over how you qualified for each. 5. Do you have any issue being gone for extended periods of time? 6. What are you pay expectations?

I did find out from on line digging, they seem to have Cessna 210s, Cherokee 6s (300HP),Navajos, Partenavia P.68, one A36TC and a few heilos, 36 aircraft in all.
Did you or anybody else get offers from them yet? I got a call for interview for an upcoming pilot training class, but curious about rotations/pay/QOL/etc... Thanks

Survey pilots! How's the season going? Travelling to cool places? Does your company suck? Racking up the hours?

Survey pilots! How's the season going? Travelling to cool places? Does your company suck? Racking up the hours?
Whenever I get assigned a new project I think of that song-- "I joined the Navy to see the world, and what did i see? I saw the sea." Instead, I just see janky, small town America. 500 hours in the first 5 months sounds good to me. You doing survey as well?

Back