Passed PPL.

VaughnAir

Normally I wouldn't post a thread of this nature, but since this site has been a wealth of information, I thought I should. Long story short, I am glad that process is over.

Just remember - the "process" is over but the learning is not - now is when you'll go out and truly learn about flying - enjoy every minute of it! Congrats!!

Jason

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations! What's your next step?

[/ QUOTE ]

Switching my major to Accounting!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
from what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aviation. Long story short, It has been a long road. Getting the PPL was tough and gratifing. I have decided that a career in Aviation isn't for me after all. I love too fly, but not enough to give up everything else in my life.

Congrats on getting the PPL...Sorry to hear that you are going to change majors. At least you found out now before you get too far in. If you still plan to fly for recreation you should get your instrument too. It will add greatly to your comfort level

Since you are going to become an accountant and make tons of cash. Don't buy more plane than you can handle...

Best of Luck
bandit.gif

I plan on getting my Instrument, I have already passed the FAA Instrument exam. I haven't been able to start the flight training as of yet. I believe I have two years from the passing of the written test to get the rating completed before the test expires.

your are correct he written is good for 2 years. This is just a tip that you probably know. When working on your instrument you should try and fly 3-5 time per week and schedule 2 hour blocks. You will shorten the overall time spent training and should make excellent progress. The instrument is one the rating that you can drag out forever by flying once a week.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask us questions. This board has a wealth of info on it.

bandit.gif

[ QUOTE ]
This is just a tip that you probably know. When working on your instrument you should try and fly 3-5 time per week and schedule 2 hour blocks. You will shorten the overall time spent training and should make excellent progress. The instrument is one the rating that you can drag out forever by flying once a week.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask us questions. This board has a wealth of info on it.

bandit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not agree more!

Congrats on the PPL!

Just curious, I passed my Private Checkride today 11/8 and was just curious on how long I should plan on waiting for my actual "card" liscense to arrive. The examiner said 120 days until the temporary certificate expires, even though i doubt it would take 4 months for it to be processed. Other than that I am excited and in a week or two its onto my instrument training. Thanks for your help,......

Travis

[ QUOTE ]
. . . even though i doubt it would take 4 months for it to be processed.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
So naive...lol. Anywhere from 60 to 119 -1/2 days.

Back