One Month and......

I miss high school marching band. It was so much fun, as with all the travel that went with it. In my 3 years I marched, we traveled from Kansas to Missouri, Oklahoma, Michigan, and Georgia. One year we did 2 Super-Regionals at BOA, and all the others we did at least 1 BOA event. It was always crazy busy, but a ton of fun, for sure

My son's band has their last performance this Friday. The football team has made it to the the state championship game and that has stretched the season out. It started in July with band camp and has encompassed 3 competitions, an exhibition, a parade and 15 football games. It has been a long haul but it has been worth it in so many ways. And I don't mean only for the kids. My wife and I got involved last year as chaperones/uniform custodians, so we have been involved in every performance and it has been tremendously gratifying. Hanging around such a talented and dedicated group of young men and women has been a truly uplifting experience.

I was in competitive marching band when I was in high school. It was so fun and it gave us a sense of working hard to be a part of something special. It was the only thing I can remember that gave me a sense that I could be excellent at something. Because of band I believed I could achieve anything I put my mind, and then many hours and days of hard work to.
Same here!!

Great write up on the family and competitions. Our own 4A high school competes in regional comps around Seattle, Everett, & Tacoma every Fall. Many hours of practice by the students resulted in 2 sweepstakes awards this year (Overall Best Band). Some amazing choreography during the field shows. Looks like they're going to So Cal for a show in April, 2011....Major fund raising is in progress.

Congrats pnwchief on there success

Our band accepted an invitation to the 2012 Rose Bowl Parade. Since this was my daughters senior year, she still gets to go. Just when I thought I was done fund raising!!!!
Such is life.

Back