Oh ... wait, this says Airbus?

Well, you can hop in any AIrbus from a 319 to a 380 and, with experience on one of them, instantly understand exactly what it's doing. The software makes it fly like a nimble 319 with massive motors. But when it comes to flying it, it felt instantly familiar, even when landing.

Man, thank Dog for those air traffic controllers.

Attachments

• IMG_4757.jpeg
    IMG_4757.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 12
View attachment 76960
Fun fact:

Pilot bunk is in the ceiling behind the cockpit over the forward galley. If you pop the escape hatch, which has happened, you’ll fall onto Martha feexin’ herself a tea.
FA’s tell me the pilots hate that bunk because it’s easy to hear them banging around the carts. True?

Can’t be worse than a D1 pod like 767

Well, the OBL is Windows based so…. Maybe?
Not telling you how you should feel about your company but I’d definitely be getting the union involved if the company didn’t spring for at LEAST spring for the basic interactive media package.

So that is really sweet but one question or observation, with all the acres of screen up there why the same flight instruments from an A320? Is that just them trying to keep commonality or are they just being stubborn? I just ask because I'm comparing to the Falcon EASy flight deck vs the '67 Impala with an iPad glued to the dash that I fly now.
y
Also those Rodger Rabbit hole windows are nothing new, Beechcraft did the same with the Premier 1A back in the day. Looks way better on your whip though.

Buddy of mine is transitioning to the 737 from the fancy Falcons right now and thinks his new airplane is the worst designed piece of junk after going from the EASy flight deck.

Buddy of mine is transitioning to the 737 from the fancy Falcons right now and thinks his new airplane is the worst designed piece of junk after going from the EASy flight deck.
That is exactly what I did and I had the pleasure of flying the analog classic 300. Luckily for me I have a pedigree in flying old junky airplanes so it came right back. That isn't to say I don't miss the Falcon, especially the latest version of EASy and Falcon Eye. Also while generally hated on this forum I have come to appreciate the 737 for its reliability and ruggedness.

For me I knew that I would be in the guppy for the duration of my career in saying yes to come to my shop but the trade offs with the airplane to work and family life balance was totally worth it.

Now back to Derg's wonderjet, I was in recurrent a few years ago and had a retired SouthernJets A350 guy teaching us in the VPT. We got him talking about that thing and he brought up the Brake to Vacate thing, watching him explain that to the captain I was with was like trying to explain sex to an Alien.

That is exactly what I did and I had the pleasure of flying the analog classic 300. Luckily for me I have a pedigree in flying old junky airplanes so it came right back. That isn't to say I don't miss the Falcon, especially the latest version of EASy and Falcon Eye. Also while generally hated on this forum I have come to appreciate the 737 for its reliability and ruggedness.

For me I knew that I would be in the guppy for the duration of my career in saying yes to come to my shop but the trade offs with the airplane to work and family life balance was totally worth it.

Now back to Derg's wonderjet, I was in recurrent a few years ago and had a retired SouthernJets A350 guy teaching us in the VPT. We got him talking about that thing and he brought up the Brake to Vacate thing, watching him explain that to the captain I was with was like trying to explain sex to an Alien.
It just…..knows man…

Aww that would be an amazing meet cute.

It's a problem for us right now because of how the business class suites are set up. Boeing got the rest seat in the bunk certified as a usable jumpseat for takeoff and landing, meaning you can take 3 jumpseaters (two in the cockpit and one upstairs) on the plane. Because of how our business class suites have doors on them, and how the doors originally would be closed for takeoff and landing, the FAA wouldn't allow the third jumpseat to be used for takeoff and landing because if they had to bail out through the emergency hatch, they'd end up inside a closed suite with another passenger trying to get out. I think they've since changed the policy about the doors being closed for takeoff and landing, but the FAA hasn't recertified the jumpseat for use.

Because the alien would be like “ any orifice will do, they’re all the same. “?

So that is really sweet but one question or observation, with all the acres of screen up there why the same flight instruments from an A320? Is that just them trying to keep commonality or are they just being stubborn? I just ask because I'm comparing to the Falcon EASy flight deck vs the '67 Impala with an iPad glued to the dash that I fly now.

Also those Rodger Rabbit hole windows are nothing new, Beechcraft did the same with the Premier 1A back in the day. Looks way better on your whip though.
And the KingAir!

FA’s tell me the pilots hate that bunk because it’s easy to hear them banging around the carts. True?

Can’t be worse than a D1 pod like 767

I could see that. Had a flight in Delta One on an A350 and got zero sleep because even with ear plugs in I could hear absolutely everything going on in first class. I felt like someone opened and closed an overhead bin for the entire ATL-AMS flight

Well, you can hop in any AIrbus from a 319 to a 380 and, with experience on one of them, instantly understand exactly what it's doing. The software makes it fly like a nimble 319 with massive motors. But when it comes to flying it, it felt instantly familiar, even when landing.

That's a French thing for sure. I hear the same thing about later model Dassault products.

Follow-up AvHerald:

“On Mar 13th 2024 The Aviation Herald received information, that the left hand and right hand slat actuator tracks were out of limits and needed to be adjusted, subsequently[sic] slat operation without discrepancies.”

I wonder how this presented itself to pilat.

Being that close to the front, can you hear the other pilots talking smack about you when you go on rest? ;)

No. It’s like a sensory deprivation chamber so we have a button that produces “airplane noise”.

Back