Oh SWA…how many is this?

"With you checkkkkin innnn"

giphy-1.gif

millionaire adults
Yer not pilats, you're factory managers and seat-miles roll-off yer assembly line. Same way a refinery's job is to make barrels, just within the confines of legal, safe, efficient, and continuously improving. Everything else is just accoutrement. Kinda weird that y'alls "Captain" is not a meritocracy already in that light.

Why no, I can't imagine anything going wrong with those motvations.

You forgot to begin the whole thing with “Annnnnd…center/approach/tower.”

I don’t know why the heck some people start transmissions with “and”?
:)

Probably the same reason I’m hearing everyone being interviewed on TV start their first sentence with “So,…”. Using “So” is a filler word much like “with you or checking in” that appears to trigger some people.
How about young girls interjecting a word like..well, “Like” into every sentence or every few words when speaking.
Lately I’ve also noticed a big uptick in ending a statement with “, Right?” “So, like, umm..the sky is blue (statement), right? And the reason it appears blue is because…yada, yada. Why not just start out and say, “The sky appears blue because…”

Another one I have noticed lately, generally in response to more of a mouthful of a clearance, begins with "ok"

as in "Southern Jets 1452, left heading 270, reduce to at or below 190 knots, then descend to and maintain three thousand until established, cleared ILS runway 16R"...."okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.......270 on the heading......"

I loathe it when people say "put on request". Just request the damn thing.

There's a request box where your request goes. You don't get to enter the request box unless you put it on request. Duh. Fun fact, when you put an alt request into CPDLC, ATC actually reads it as "XX541 would like to put FL360 on request for performance" :)

Another one I have noticed lately, generally in response to more of a mouthful of a clearance, begins with "ok"

as in "Southern Jets 1452, left heading 270, reduce to at or below 190 knots, then descend to and maintain three thousand until established, cleared ILS runway 16R"...."okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.......270 on the heading......"
“Why are you giving us a greater 90° intercept to join the final approach course?!”

Would be my question…
But…

Of course, SEA

Back