Oh Alaska(n)

They act like they know everything. It’s insane. Everyone is somehow a doctor, lawyer, scientist and a philosopher.

Nope you’re more than likely just ok at flying airplanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't forget epidemiologist.

Yes.

Because a real epidemiologist...

'As a father of a two-and-a-half-year old-and two other older kids, I want to keep them as safe as possible. I would love nothing more than to send my son to daycare without a mask,' Vasan said, according to CBS New York.

'But as a scientist, and as a doctor, and an epidemiologist, I want to keep him safe because he's not eligible for a vaccine.'

NYC's new health commissioner, Dr. Ashwin Vasan, says mask mandates for kids under five will should remain in effect indefinitely

I can’t even spell it. I’m good on a DH bike. Know my way around a chainsaw. I can rally a mini excavator. Hit a metal plate a mile away with my AXMC. Lots to be stoked about, in my free time.

But I’m not any of those things. If I was I wouldn’t operate heavy machinery at a substandard airline for a living.

Those are so much fun, rented a skid steer last year for some backyard work and had a blast. Should've had some dirt delivered for that pump track/dirt jumps I've been wanting to build. Maybe this year.

Those are so much fun, rented a skid steer last year for some backyard work and had a blast. Should've had some dirt delivered for that pump track/dirt jumps I've been wanting to build. Maybe this year.

I brought in 400 yards of dirt when I first moved into my place in WA. 40 dump trucks. The neighbors freaked. But a couple bottles of wine and promises I wasn't building an apartment building settled them down.

I documented a lot of the build on my vimeo page:

I don’t think that’s a fair take on the concerns I raised. I certainly hope we can rein in inflation and the world settles down away from a full blown/drawn out war.

I would hate for us meeting up over coffee in OGG and then have to jump in a sewer because our phone showed an emergency alert because North Korea Russia apparently launched a missile headed to Hawaii*

*That actually happened. Like, no seriously, that actually happened.
A3744EDA-1883-4EB8-B511-569B9A389A2C.jpeg
They can send the nukes, I’m going out pretty good

Yeah I remember that now, so rad. We're on a 1/3 acre in town so while not a ton of room we some space to work with.

Lessons learned. Buy a ton of tarps. Like the kind they use to cover hay. Cover the track when you're not using it. The rain destroyed my track. I basically had to completely rebuild it last summer.

It's a ton of work. If you live close to a bike park I'd recommend against it. Better to just volunteer and build someplace public.

Lessons learned. Buy a ton of tarps. Like the kind they use to cover hay. Cover the track when you're not using it. The rain destroyed my track. I basically had to completely rebuild it last summer.

It's a ton of work. If you live close to a bike park I'd recommend against it. Better to just volunteer and build someplace public.
We have Valmont which is fantastic, but a few berms and jumps in the yard would be fun. Thankfully we don't get much in the way of rain, but I do remember back in the day digging out our local jumps and keeping them covered.

We have Valmont which is fantastic, but a few berms and jumps in the yard would be fun. Thankfully we don't get much in the way of rain, but I do remember back in the day digging out our local jumps and keeping them covered.

Also keeps the weeds at bay and probably helps with snow. We only get 2-4 weeks of snow on the ground here

Sooooo, any proposed QOL improvements?
It seems to me that we are headed toward a PBS system ultimately, but the NC has made it clear that that hasn't actually been decided. PBS (with ALPA control and the proper rule set as determined by the experts we have working on it) is essential; I won't vote for anything that doesn't include it.

But I'm also very concerned about the glaring lack of meaningful improvements to line bidding included in the term sheet. Even if PBS does come, it'll take at least a year to implement and in the meantime we're stuck with the damn near full-time job that is bidding and fixing our own conflicts at this dump of a company. That's destructive to QOL all by itself, and I just mean the time it takes to go through the process, that's not even to mention living with the results.

So why are we satisfied with simply adding yet another "step" instead of asking for conflict pay? I refuse to agree to still be stuck with this system. The industry standard for line bidding is SWA, and that's what this is all about, right? Industry standard? Anything less is unacceptable.

Plus, another thing I haven't seen yet is whether or not we're going to push for a single ARC value per day, to include LCR, instead of having it broken down by RAP which makes trading impossible.

It seems to me that we are headed toward a PBS system ultimately, but the NC has made it clear that that hasn't actually been decided. PBS (with ALPA control and the proper rule set as determined by the experts we have working on it) is essential; I won't vote for anything that doesn't include it.

But I'm also very concerned about the glaring lack of meaningful improvements to line bidding included in the term sheet. Even if PBS does come, it'll take at least a year to implement and in the meantime we're stuck with the damn near full-time job that is bidding and fixing our own conflicts at this dump of a company. That's destructive to QOL all by itself, and I just mean the time it takes to go through the process, that's not even to mention living with the results.

So why are we satisfied with simply adding yet another "step" instead of asking for conflict pay? I refuse to agree to still be stuck with this system. The industry standard for line bidding is SWA, and that's what this is all about, right? Industry standard? Anything less is unacceptable.

Plus, another thing I haven't seen yet is whether or not we're going to push for a single ARC value per day, to include LCR, instead of having it broken down by RAP which makes trading impossible.

My issues are:

- Scope
- Vacation day equal to min daily credit
- ARC values good enough for trading and QOL and enough to prevent harassment from CP
- Vacation trading restored to 2019
- Retro Pay
- Fix FO slope

Back