Oh Alaska(n)

Yes, it looks like that is the case for SEA based reserves. They’ll most likely utilize reserves from the other bases to the extent that they can.

System wide there is going to be a deficit of reserves even if pilots are released from training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System wide there is going to be a deficit of reserves even if pilots are released from training.

For FOs. CA in my base, all 30 days have more rsvs than min required that day (at last check, last night). They got real short because of upgrading 200+ guys and also added growth that required FOs. It’s a double hit when compared to adding CAs.

For FOs. CA in my base, all 30 days have more rsvs than min required that day (at last check, last night). They got real short because of upgrading 200+ guys and also added growth that required FOs. It’s a double hit when compared to adding CAs.

They also got real short because of attrition which is rumored to have increased since the last report.

Can a CA reserve be assigned to fly as an FO?

Since it would only steer the conversation away from the fact we have one pilot on reserve for April for FOs in the Seattle base….

That doesn’t look correct. There is one day with one reserve but it’s not the whole month. I’m not saying it’s a good way to staff the operation, just to clarify.

That doesn’t look correct. There is one day with one reserve but it’s not the whole month. I’m not saying it’s a good way to staff the operation, just to clarify.

I subtracted the open flying lines from number of people eligible to bid. There was one available for 9 reserve lines and 5 more pending release from training.

1647516047751.gif

How did thread go from staffing is so horrific and no end in sight to @Cherokee_Cruiser blabbing on about how the industry is going to feel the wrath of pain because the yields are close to inverting. I’m sorry to say but not every recession is doom and gloom 2008 and going to utterly destroy the airline industry. Stick to flying airplanes, while the economists figure out how detrimental the economic future holds. even they are utterly horrible at predicting what’s next. If there is any sign of a decent times ahead it’s the airlines literally can’t even staff for the demand right now DURING a high cost inflationary period. So much so that numerous airlines are literally cutting back capacity and flights for the year because no one can fly it, DESPITE a higher demand than 2019.

I swear with some of these internet weirdos there is some infatuation with trying to act like you know what’s coming and want to scream doom every other year so that when something goes wrong you can say “I told you so”.

Just for your data keeping, the yields inverted in 2019 and sharply rised with no recession. So even using that metric on top of oil prices, both are not perfect at the economic future ahead. While I’m sure things will slow down with the fed intervention, as they have to, it doesn’t mean you need to prep your FO’s and internet colleagues like their job is on the line. Get a grip. It’s just childish behavior at this point stoking fear in everyone you see all because you’re mad Brandon is in the White House. If it was reversed you’d be defending the yield.

How did thread go from staffing is so horrific and no end in sight to @Cherokee_Cruiser blabbing on about how the industry is going to feel the wrath of pain because the yields are close to inverting. I’m sorry to say but not every recession is doom and gloom 2008 and going to utterly destroy the airline industry. Stick to flying airplanes, while the economists figure out how detrimental the economic future holds. even they are utterly horrible at predicting what’s next. If there is any sign of a decent times ahead it’s the airlines literally can’t even staff for the demand right now DURING a high cost inflationary period. So much so that numerous airlines are literally cutting back capacity and flights for the year because no one can fly it, DESPITE a higher demand than 2019.

I swear with some of these internet weirdos there is some infatuation with trying to act like you know what’s coming and want to scream doom every other year so that when something goes wrong you can say “I told you so”.

Just for your data keeping, the yields inverted in 2019 and sharply rised with no recession. So even using that metric on top of oil prices, both are not perfect at the economic future ahead. While I’m sure things will slow down with the fed intervention, as they have to, it doesn’t mean you need to prep your FO’s and internet colleagues like their job is on the line. Get a grip. It’s just childish behavior at this point stoking fear in everyone you see all because you’re mad Brandon is in the White House. If it was reversed you’d be defending the yield.

They act like they know everything. It’s insane. Everyone is somehow a doctor, lawyer, scientist and a philosopher.

Nope you’re more than likely just ok at flying airplanes.

I don’t think that’s a fair take on the concerns I raised. I certainly hope we can rein in inflation and the world settles down away from a full blown/drawn out war.

I would hate for us meeting up over coffee in OGG and then have to jump in a sewer because our phone showed an emergency alert because North Korea Russia apparently launched a missile headed to Hawaii*

*That actually happened. Like, no seriously, that actually happened.

Don't forget epidemiologist.

I can’t even spell it. I’m good on a DH bike. Know my way around a chainsaw. I can rally a mini excavator. Hit a metal plate a mile away with my AXMC. Lots to be stoked about, in my free time.

But I’m not any of those things. If I was I wouldn’t operate heavy machinery at a substandard airline for a living.

Back