Oh Alaska(n)

Aaaaannnnnddddddd management is already rolling out the red carpet for those who are willing to pick up premium next month.

But the staffing is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wenatchee airport management has been using the excuse as to why they got dropped down to 2 flights a day as the "nation wide pilot shortage". I could see QX just pulling out of a super short range market like SEA-EAT. Not efficient at all for a jet.

Last edited:
Aaaaannnnnddddddd management is already rolling out the red carpet for those who are willing to pick up premium next month.
Instead of offering 200% like other airlines or our own FA’s, they circumvent the union (yet again) and come out with this nonsense. Total cost to the company is probably only $200 or so.

Not surprised, just “disappointed”. Looking forward to Friday.

Last edited:
The Wenatchee airport management has been using the excuse as to why they got dropped down to 2 flights a day as the "nation wide pilot shortage". I could see QX just pulling out of a super short range market like SEA-EAT. Not efficient at all for a jet.
A seasonal flight would be good there. It was canceled all the time in the winter we just decided to either drive all the way to SEA or GEG.

Instead of offering 200% like other airlines or our own FA’s, they circumvent the union (yet again) and come out with this nonsense. Total cost to the company is probably only $200 or so.

Not surprised, just “disappointed”. Looking forward to Friday.

They can’t just unilaterally offer 200%. The union would have to approve. Rumor is they approached the union over the Christmas/Omicron timeframe when other airlines were offering it to get a temporary 200% and the union said no. Just a rumor, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

The 150% premium is contractual. There’s a reason the company is offering hotels and travel for free. It isn’t a contractual item. The union can grieve all they want, I don’t see what leg it has to stand on just because they “believe” it should be negotiated.

Last edited:
The 150% premium is contractual. There’s a reason the company is offering hotels and travel for free. It isn’t a contractual item. The union can grieve all they want, I don’t see what leg it has to stand on just because they “believe” it should be negotiated.
Say it with me folks:

"Status quo violation"

Say it with me folks:

"Status quo violation"

I mean, they can give you company store credit of $100 for (insert event). It’s just above and beyond.

Sorry man, I have zero faith in this grievance (and most other of our grievances) going anywhere positive anytime soon. Pretty sure the company lawyers ran this scenario and told the head honchos they can do it legally and not get in trouble.

A seasonal flight would be good there. It was canceled all the time in the winter we just decided to either drive all the way to SEA or GEG.
EAT was always the first to cancel cause they knew people could just drive it. Pangborn announced they are buying up some land to put in an approach light system to lower the minimums. Got a big grant from the government.

EAT was always the first to cancel cause they knew people could just drive it. Pangborn announced they are buying up some land to put in an approach light system to lower the minimums. Got a big grant from the government.
With all those neighborhoods going in I didn’t think there would be any room!

With all those neighborhoods going in I didn’t think there would be any room!
I covered a stint in EAT last year, seemed like a super nice place to live. Our crew apartment was about 2 miles of apple orchards away from the airport, was kind of a fun bike ride in the mornings.

I mean, they can give you company store credit of $100 for (insert event). It’s just above and beyond.

Sorry man, I have zero faith in this grievance (and most other of our grievances) going anywhere positive anytime soon. Pretty sure the company lawyers ran this scenario and told the head honchos they can do it legally and not get in trouble.
Like the same lawyers ran the uniform rollout scenario?

Like the same lawyers ran the uniform rollout scenario?

If you think about it as a commuter. Probably forced into a commute from displacement or a base closure. It’s pretty brutal that the company is going to put people in front of you on flights who are picking up flying on their days off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back