Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

Scroll down the list of states. Near the bottom is says: United States. Choose that, then the second list will become "Throughout the Nation." Leave it as that.

You will be able to pick geoprefs at a later date. Right now it really doesn't matter what you apply to. Here's the catch, they might see this as a mini-test if you can read directions correctly as the directions on the PUBNAT says to do this.

I really don't think it matters but that's how you do it.

Wait, isnt this the first time that it asks for which positions you're willing to work (i.e. Terminal or Enroute).

I wasnt able to find in the application that it says to apply "throughout the nation" ...

And i just got off the phone with Aviation Careers and they said to go ahead and list the locations on the applications now? Since they're trying to get rid of the Geo-Pref Email.

Scroll down the list of states. Near the bottom is says: United States. Choose that, then the second list will become "Throughout the Nation." Leave it as that.

You will be able to pick geoprefs at a later date. Right now it really doesn't matter what you apply to. Here's the catch, they might see this as a mini-test if you can read directions correctly as the directions on the PUBNAT says to do this.

I really don't think it matters but that's how you do it.
:yeahthat: Just be careful not to select the United Arab Emirates. :p

When you click on the actual announcement not the apply, under "More Information About This Job" it says

"Key Requirements :

• U.S. Citizen

After the announcement close date, be sure to log into ASAP to check your status to take the AT-SAT test as well as your test score and continue to check for referral list updates.
Applicants should select "UNITED STATES" & "THROUGHOUT THE NATION" for location preference...... You will select your preferred duty locations/facilities assignments at a later date through our office, please be patient with the process......

It is anticipated that selections from this announcement will be made around November/December 2009."

Okay I found it...

But what about this phone call?

And i just got off the phone with Aviation Careers and they said to go ahead and list the locations on the applications now? Since they're trying to get rid of the Geo-Pref Email.

Bigey! What's with your "?"...are you not sure what they said or were they no sure?!

Okay I found it...

But what about this phone call?

Bigey! What's with your "?"...are you not sure what they said or were they no sure?!

I have the question mark because i'm confused. They say to go ahead and list it, but then they dont?!

Well I'm just gonna list throughout the nation in the first slot and use the rest for the states...

Are we sure that "Throughout the Nation" includes guam and pr?

So i called again, they said to list all the locations willing to work, that they are trying to alleviate the geo-pref email and that from they're understanding, no email for geo-pref will be coming out, however they're not 100% sure.

So for me, i'm going to list "throughout the nation" and then list some specific states too...

I was also afraid that they just forgot to update the announcement

Now to call all the ARTCC to find out which ones are hiring

When you click on the actual announcement not the apply, under "More Information About This Job" it says

"Key Requirements :

• U.S. Citizen
After the announcement close date, be sure to log into ASAP to check your status to take the AT-SAT test as well as your test score and continue to check for referral list updates.
Applicants should select "UNITED STATES" & "THROUGHOUT THE NATION" for location preference...... You will select your preferred duty locations/facilities assignments at a later date through our office, please be patient with the process......

It is anticipated that selections from this announcement will be made around November/December 2009."

I wonder what they mean by "selections"...Selections for AT-SAT test?
What does posting of Pub 8 mean for Pub 7 applicants?...

Thanks

Okay...I didn't get through to many (of course), but here's what info I did get.

Anchorage, AK ARTCC: Done for FY 2009 but definately hiring for FY 2010. Out of all the slots they need to fill, they have only hired 1/4.

Oakland, CA ARTCC: Their hiring numbers are 30-40 people per-year and they expect to be hiring continuously

Washington D.C. ARTCC (actually in Virginia): They are short staffed and hard to staff. They only have 6-8 hires waiting for training right now.

Albuquerque, NM ARTCC: Their number was 50 but went down to 31 and they don't even expect to get that many. They'll have more slots again next fiscal year.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX ARTCC: Pretty full because they got so many from earlier PUBNATs. Not expecting new slots until FY 2011. She said if you list Texas you'll end up at Houston Center. I couldn't get through to Houston to confirm that. She also said that it doesn't matter the order of your preferences, you will get sent to the facility in greater need. Not sure if I believe her on that one.

Salt Lake City, UT ARTCC: She said they find that they have fewer and fewer slots every year. They might be able to hire in FY 2010, but maybe not.

So since the announcement said selections are going to be Nov/Dec, it looks like we're going to get first crack for those FY 2010 hiring numbers. WOOHOO!

More calls tomorrow...in the AM (stupid Californian)...updates to come.

Anyone have the number for the Honolulu ARTCC? It's not on that there outdated list. Or Guam? or PR?

I wonder what they mean by "selections"...Selections for AT-SAT test?
What does posting of Pub 8 mean for Pub 7 applicants?...

Thanks

Selections means when you're notified of the facility you are going to go to and they tell you when you will interview.

This means that PUBNAT 7 will either be combined with 8...or you guys will go to panels even earlier.

Okay...I didn't get through to many (of course), but here's what info I did get.

Anchorage, AK ARTCC: Done for FY 2009 but definately hiring for FY 2010. Out of all the slots they need to fill, they have only hired 1/4.

Oakland, CA ARTCC: Their hiring numbers are 30-40 people per-year and they expect to be hiring continuously

Washington D.C. ARTCC (actually in Virginia): They are short staffed and hard to staff. They only have 6-8 hires waiting for training right now.

Albuquerque, NM ARTCC: Their number was 50 but went down to 31 and they don't even expect to get that many. They'll have more slots again next fiscal year.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX ARTCC: Pretty full because they got so many from earlier PUBNATs. Not expecting new slots until FY 2011. She said if you list Texas you'll end up at Houston Center. I couldn't get through to Houston to confirm that. She also said that it doesn't matter the order of your preferences, you will get sent to the facility in greater need. Not sure if I believe her on that one.

Salt Lake City, UT ARTCC: She said they find that they have fewer and fewer slots every year. They might be able to hire in FY 2010, but maybe not.

So since the announcement said selections are going to be Nov/Dec, it looks like we're going to get first crack for those FY 2010 hiring numbers. WOOHOO!

More calls tomorrow...in the AM (stupid Californian)...updates to come.

Anyone have the number for the Honolulu ARTCC? It's not on that there outdated list. Or Guam? or PR?

Are you only trying for en-route? I was only trying for terminal before, but after checking out a tracon and a center, i think im up for it!

Selections means when you're notified of the facility you are going to go to and they tell you when you will interview.

This means that PUBNAT 7 will either be combined with 8...or you guys will go to panels even earlier.

Well, since you are so nice to call the centers for us, I should get you the chicago center phone number;)

I left a message with Chicago...updates to come

No we're not just trying for en route...BUT!

I am only putting states in the prefs that have an ARTCC and since I'm doing that...I'm not gonna go list a state where the ARTCC isn't hiring.

I wonder what they mean by "hard to staff" when it comes to Washington Center. Whatever it means, I hope they're looking for some newbies because it isn't that far from where I am at. I have heard it is sort of rundown from people over on SM but I could really care less.

Back