Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

I wonder what they mean by "selections"...Selections for AT-SAT test?
What does posting of Pub 8 mean for Pub 7 applicants?...

Thanks

Maria, it simply means we will be in OKC by the time those selections happen :laff:

Heh honestly in all the trend studying I've done on here, as much as I would like to think 7 is getting the show on the road, my better senses tell me they will combine 7 and 8 like they did 5/6 and 8 will be expedited of course with the new geoprefs in the application but they won't make selections until FY10 which is probably why they are saying Nov/Dec.

I would like nothing more then to have selections for 7 by September. I hate to say it but we can't deny the evidence of the way they "have" operated...

I wonder what they mean by "hard to staff" when it comes to Washington Center. Whatever it means, I hope they're looking for some newbies because it isn't that far from where I am at. I have heard it is sort of rundown from people over on SM but I could really care less.

"Hard to staff" as in "no one wants to come here"

If you really want it make sure you list Virginia as your state and Leesburg as the city

I put Leesburg, VA as my first choice; although I would also like BWI as it is even closer. I seriously do not care if it is a little dated, if it even is. Has anyone here heard anything seriously negative about it that might sway me some other way?

"Hard to staff" as in "no one wants to come here"

If you really want it make sure you list Virginia as your state and Leesburg as the city

Haha that's funny, i listed Virginia as one of my locations.

While we're at it: California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Florida, Virginia, West Virginia, US Virgin Islands (sayyyyyy what?! :insane:)

Hey,

just put my app in for PUBNAT 8, seems everyone here knows what is going on. In regards to the GEO Prefs, I remember the first tab asked Geo pref and I answered "throughout the nation", then the second tab asked for state pref. However, when I went back to ASAP to make sure I selected throughout the nation, it will only show state pref. do you guys think it makes that big of a differences?

Are you only trying for en-route? I was only trying for terminal before, but after checking out a tracon and a center, i think im up for it!

I wouldn't waste the time.

Best job is ATIS programmer/recorder.

:D

Maria, it simply means we will be in OKC by the time those selections happen :laff:

Heh honestly in all the trend studying I've done on here, as much as I would like to think 7 is getting the show on the road, my better senses tell me they will combine 7 and 8 like they did 5/6 and 8 will be expedited of course with the new geoprefs in the application but they won't make selections until FY10 which is probably why they are saying Nov/Dec.

I would like nothing more then to have selections for 7 by September. I hate to say it but we can't deny the evidence of the way they "have" operated...

"Better senses, better senses" - :chair:

Have faith, my friend!!!:beer:

So should I go ahead and list the Geo Preference or not?

Yes...Make sure Duty Location #1 is United States: Throughout the Nation

But go ahead and list the places you actually want for the other 9 locations

Ok. Thanks. I got a quick question.

I know Florida is probably a popular state to work in. I've read a lot on here about Jacksonville getting a lot of trainees. What about Tallahassee? That would be the ideal facility for me. I already live in the area. I graduated from FSU and all that.

Ok. Thanks. I got a quick question.

I know Florida is probably a popular state to work in. I've read a lot on here about Jacksonville getting a lot of trainees. What about Tallahassee? That would be the ideal facility for me. I already live in the area. I graduated from FSU and all that.

Well...Tallahassee is only a lvl 7 (out of 12) which means you might be able to get a job there because it will be a less popular choice, but being smaller, they also need less people.

You can always call them and ask. Ask to speak to the Air Traffic Manger. 850/942-9642

Back