Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

that sucks. were you there on the 21st? im guessing they dont work weekends. no scores for me yet.

Yeah i was there on the 21st in Peachtree City, I was to the right mid class. I was thinking about going down monday morning and asking them buy friday was the last day of testing.

Theres a curve. What that is though, is a mystery.

My score was originally a 97, but 1 year later, it changed to 96.9. FWIW!

Yah, absolutely there's a curve. I was one of those folks lucky enough to get a 100. I know I had everything right in math (and I assume angles and dials) but I crashed a few planes and had between 60-80% efficiency on the scenarios and the questions during the letter factory were a joke. I had to do eeny-meeny-miney-moe on a few of them. Based on how I know I did and what some others reported from my group, it does seem like math is weighted most heavily. After that, it's anyone's guess...

Yah, absolutely there's a curve. I was one of those folks lucky enough to get a 100. I know I had everything right in math (and I assume angles and dials) but I crashed a few planes and had between 60-80% efficiency on the scenarios and the questions during the letter factory were a joke. I had to do eeny-meeny-miney-moe on a few of them. Based on how I know I did and what some others reported from my group, it does seem like math is weighted most heavily. After that, it's anyone's guess...

Yeah, same here

Just got back from taking the test and boy I'am not sure what to think.

Dials-easy

Math-I thought were harder than the SM study guide but easier than the greenbook. I thought I read that I had 26mins to do 25 questions but after the practice questions the timer was at 19mins. Are the practice questions part of the timed part? I didn't think so. I was going to ask the robinson guys about it after the test but I was so exhausted I forgot. I got all 25 done but had to guess at about 4 questions b/c of the time and rushed through the rest....I felt really crappy after taking the math.

Angles-Easy

Scan-Was ok. I think the planes move faster than JJ's game and appear and disappear faster. Thought I did ok but missed some.

Letter fac.-Was actually fun except for the stupid questions, but I think I got a few of them right.

ATC Senarios-I had a 77/90/80/56 or something like that. I only had the one real bad section due to the fact I didn't pay attention to the landing runway direction for part of it and laned planes the wrong way.

Analogies-Not as bad as I thought. the pictures are easier than the words, to me at least. I wouldn't spend to much time getting ready for these.

Personality-is just that. There based on you. you cant study for these and most say their not graded anyhow.

After hearing that how do you guys think I did?

Sounds like you should be fine. Good luck !!

Just got back from taking the test and boy I'am not sure what to think.

Dials-easy

Math-I thought were harder than the SM study guide but easier than the greenbook. I thought I read that I had 26mins to do 25 questions but after the practice questions the timer was at 19mins. Are the practice questions part of the timed part? I didn't think so. I was going to ask the robinson guys about it after the test but I was so exhausted I forgot. I got all 25 done but had to guess at about 4 questions b/c of the time and rushed through the rest....I felt really crappy after taking the math.

Angles-Easy

Scan-Was ok. I think the planes move faster than JJ's game and appear and disappear faster. Thought I did ok but missed some.

Letter fac.-Was actually fun except for the stupid questions, but I think I got a few of them right.

ATC Senarios-I had a 77/90/80/56 or something like that. I only had the one real bad section due to the fact I didn't pay attention to the landing runway direction for part of it and laned planes the wrong way.

Analogies-Not as bad as I thought. the pictures are easier than the words, to me at least. I wouldn't spend to much time getting ready for these.

Personality-is just that. There based on you. you cant study for these and most say their not graded anyhow.

After hearing that how do you guys think I did?

Hey guys, I take my test on november 12th in Holtsville NY. I'm real nervous about the applied math section. I've been studying with the Learning express air traffic control test prep book, but the questions don't look like the ones that were posted in this thread. Kinda confused...math has always been my weakness :(

I take the test in DAB on Thursday. My problem is I turn 31 (cutoff age) on Feb. 18. Any chance I can make it through the application process by then or I am I wasting my time?

I take the test in DAB on Thursday. My problem is I turn 31 (cutoff age) on Feb. 18. Any chance I can make it through the application process by then or I am I wasting my time?

I hate to be negative but I think you might be a little too late. I don't see geo pref emails going out until jan/feb then panels would be a few months after that but you will obviously get different opinions from others.

Does anyone know if I just read the directions wrong and the practice problems are part of the timed protion?

I hate to be negative but I think you might be a little too late. I don't see geo pref emails going out until jan/feb then panels would be a few months after that but you will obviously get different opinions from others.

Story of my life. Always seem to be a day late and a dollar short. I would have applied earlier if I would have known I was most likely losing my current job a while back.

Kind of frustrating that they would select me to take the test and start the process only to tell me in a few months that I don't qualify to continue.

Same story here, I will time out on May 10. I could not apply earlier because I just received my citizenship in June.

I am afraid it is really tight. Anyway, Good Luck!

Back