NTSB - Preliminary Report A350 v. CRJ (ATL)

Nooo not the yellow bird :( how
I’m not sure anyone ever figured out exactly how? I mean the obvious is that the PIC wasn’t paying attention and tried to treat the one snow pile on the entire airport like a STOL carrier ramp, but I don’t know if it was ever established if he was doing his flight log/seat log, Facebook, tinder, or what.

That was probably the nicest 207 in the state for a while. 550, scimitar prop, had had a big rebuild and everything was redone with epoxy primer on the interior, we did pull a bunch of the legacy avionics out which some liked and some didn’t but the panel setup was clean and functional. Now it’s getting beat to hell out in BET 🙁

1. Can’t see the wing tips on a 350, not even close.
2. Cameras wouldn’t have helped at all.
3. If there is doubt, there IS no doubt.

Not that this is a causal factor because I don’t know anything that wasn’t stated in the Preliminary Report (nor does anyone else who uses the ‘i have a friend that knows a guy who is working on the issue’), there are no emergency taxis or takeoffs.

Unless you are evac’ing Saigon, very true.

Same thing my copilot told me when I was intentionally taxiing slow to control the pace of the operation from external factors attempting to rush us off the ground.

“Well, actually, I was standing alert in a two-ship on the runway during hot alert and…”

My expression:

IMG_0229.jpeg

At ease soldier, this is DTW.

“Stop calling me sir”

“When you finish a sentence with the word ‘interrogative’, thus making it a question, you may of well said it in Mandarin to me because it didn’t sound like a question and chances are, I thought you were talking to yourself”

“When you mention crew transportation protocols in “The Guard” and how we do it all wrong with the transportation provider to the cabin crew, it’s not that they can’t hear you, they’re ignoring you because they’re tired… and it’s Tokyo, one of the safest cities in the world”

*These things may or may not have been offered to another crew member recently.

On the flip side, The best one, when people ask what my background is, are the civvie guys who reply with “….well, i was going to fly military too, but…”. Just stop right there, son…. I really don’t care. You didn’t, don’t need to justify why you couldn’t, wouldn’t, or both.

“Stop calling me sir”

“When you finish a sentence with the word ‘interrogative’, thus making it a question, you may of well said it in Mandarin to me because it didn’t sound like a question and chances are, I thought you were talking to yourself”

“When you mention crew transportation protocols in “The Guard” and how we do it all wrong with the transportation provider to the cabin crew, it’s not that they can’t hear you, they’re ignoring you because they’re tired… and it’s Tokyo, one of the safest cities in the world”

*These things may or may not have been offered to another crew member recently.

On the flip side, The best one, when people ask what my background is, are the civvie guys who reply with “….well, i was going to fly military too, but…”. Just stop right there, son…. I really don’t care. You didn’t, don’t need to justify why you couldn’t, wouldn’t, or both.
Both of you are 100% correct.

To add to that… Usually, I have heard them say they wanted to serve, but they couldn’t be a pilot in the military because of X, Y or Z medical issue. When I mention there are plenty of jobs in the military that don’t involve flying that they could’ve qualified for a lot of silence follows.

Oh yes, fully agree!

I’m just trying to get everyone “merged into traffic” under the same lexicon and book of “normalcy” so we understand one another and don’t have to sit through “Well, on the Embraer 175, we descended like (this)” or “I don’t know why we’re not doing formation takeoffs to save time”.

And this just made me remember I just did an observation flight where the captain said things like they “fragged the runway” meaning there was a runway change as if it was a military style fragmentary order.

In my particular job, I can only code and comment on factual safety items and nothing CRM related… It kind of made me want to become an LCP.

“Grenades, sir?” :)

I member one of my last flights on the 330:

“Hell him we want to pull up in the tomahawk”

“Uhh, ground we want to uhh, pull up into the tomahawk.”

“I”m sorry say again?”

“Dude, what the heck is a tomahawk?”

“See how that area besides the runway resembles a tomahawk?”

“No, uhh… uhhh… ah geez.” “Uhh, ground we want to go into the run up pad to look at an issue”

“Grenades, sir?” :)

I member one of my last flights on the 330:

“Hell him we want to pull up in the tomahawk”

“Uhh, ground we want to uhh, pull up into the tomahawk.”

“I”m sorry say again?”

“Dude, what the heck is a tomahawk?”

“See how that area besides the runway resembles a tomahawk?”

“No, uhh… uhhh… ah geez.” “Uhh, ground we want to go into the run up pad to look at an issue”
I don’t know tomahawk. That’s a hammerhead.

I don’t know tomahawk. That’s a hammerhead.

There ya go, it was something that didn’t make any sense.

I ha ha haaaaaaaaaaate colloquialisms, I’m admittedly the outlier and weird about it.

I’d say “Seatbelts sign off, engines off” and people would lose their cookies because, culturally, even though we use very exact words on switches and levers with everything else, “Let UMMM up, shut UMMM down” is somehow standard text, but I’m the weirdo for speaking direct to the switch position command.

Don’t get caught saying “Let THEM up, shut THEM down” or any more or less colloquial than that or you’ll get roasted.

I digress.

There ya go, it was something that didn’t make any sense.

I ha ha haaaaaaaaaaate colloquialisms, I’m admittedly the outlier and weird about it.

I’d say “Seatbelts sign off, engines off” and people would lose their cookies because, culturally, even though we use very exact words on switches and levers with everything else, “Let UMMM up, shut UMMM down” is somehow standard text, but I’m the weirdo for speaking direct to the switch position command.

Don’t get caught saying “Let THEM up, shut THEM down” or any more or less colloquial than that or you’ll get roasted.

I digress.
Our checklist says “PARK BRAKE____”
So I say PARK BRAKE

Back