NTSB - Preliminary Report A350 v. CRJ (ATL)

The Flight Standards meeting is this week, in fact I’m on a jet headed there now and there’s going to be an OEM discussion.

I can easily see them “forgetting” to mention that or “OH yeah, we’re not changing THAT, but the rest, of course!”

I really wish Airbus would just send a team over instead of us sending over a rep, potentially with his own ulterior motives, to learn and then divulge to the group at large.

We do some very peculiar and weird things on the 350 because “Science! Statistics!” But no one’s actually seen either.

That's always the worst. There is a reason that the Airbus way is the Airbus way. Taking all of it except that thing defeats the entire purpose.

Only after the captain tells us to letemup shutemdown
That comes after you start “boff’em”

I had plenty of Capt’s that went with the “swap’em, chop’em, let’em up, let’em in” vernacular

I think I’m on the “let’em up, shut’em down, shutdown checklist…please” team…but @roundout ‘s eyes didn’t twitch or roll, so it must be aight

I think I’m on the “let’em up, shut’em down, shutdown checklist…please” team
You’re already the one parking the thing, why don’t you just do it?

Delta is weird.
Right?! All these colloquialisms.

1728945617230.gif

Last edited:
Just as bad as "clocks if ya want'em" once we're cleared for takeoff. Heard from some old Captains that it goes back to the 727 but it's still alive and well on the ER. I adopted all the colloquialisms in my eternal desire to fit in, but if we want to talk about unnatural just imagine it said with a slight Italian accent.

You’re already the one parking the thing, why don’t you just do it?
Because SJI signs the paycheck and they want it done that way…and I like money.

I’m sure it’s because Capt’s are supposed to be monitoring during pushback/parking, making sure there aren’t any unintended aircraft movements.

QX we shut down the motors at Capt

Happened at SJI to a Capt I flew with…”when you upgrade, be very clear about shutting down an engine on taxi in…I had an FO shut them both down because he took 2 literally”
When I was a sim instructor and we had some time, I would give them a very unrealistic dual engine fire. The percentage of crews that would shut them both down and crashed based on rote memory of the memory items was pretty shocking.

Delta is weird.

There, I said it.

😂

We’re getting there.

Why? Because saying “STFU, put your camera away, do the work, no one cares how you did it at Brand X. People did what you did 10 times a day and didn’t need validation” is bad. :)

Oh check your text in about 30 seconds.

We’re getting there.

Why? Because saying “STFU, put your camera away, do the work, no one cares how you did it at Brand X. People did what you did 10 times a day and didn’t need validation” is bad. :)

Oh check your text in about 30 seconds.

Im
Speechless.

That’s all I have to say.

Airbus OEM has the pilot flying start and stop the engines as well as control the seatbelt sign.
That was Captain stuff at Yellow. IMS, parking brake, split the masters, seat belt sign, then the other master switch. The FO did the remainder of the shutdown, such that neither pilot was paying attention outside.

sighs

With undesired (uncommanded?) aircraft movements happening only on days ending in Y, it would be nice to have at least one pilot somewhat paying attention outside immediately after you stop, let 'em up, shut 'em down.

Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries.

Just as bad as "clocks if ya want'em" once we're cleared for takeoff. Heard from some old Captains that it goes back to the 727 but it's still alive and well on the ER. I adopted all the colloquialisms in my eternal desire to fit in, but if we want to talk about unnatural just imagine it said with a slight Italian accent.
Radar, misery-meter, packs, I have the aircraft, ready? EEEEEEEPURRRRRRRRR.

Captain is paid half a million dollars to prioritize tasks. The FO is right behind them in pay, authority, and accountability to do the same.

There is only ONE crew that messed this up. The amount of wing that hit the RJ is just friggen ridiculous. Yes, throw me the hell under the buss if I’m ever involved with something this diabolically dumb! I’m literally paid not to… and most of you are as well. 😀

Back