Next Up in the RLA Conga Line

Hats will be back. Hopefully soon.

Not that I’m a huge fan, I’m just ready for the reindeer games to end…

Hats will be back. Hopefully soon.

Not that I’m a huge fan, I’m just ready for the reindeer games to end…
It can be exhausting if you let it. I don't understand how some of these people haven't died early, and I sure as hell don't understand why anybody would get involved in union politics. I'm grateful and highly supportive to those who do (provided they don't suck).

Let’s not get carried away meow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Taxied in behind AA today at CDG from 27R and was bluntly reminded of many tragic taxis behind AA from another 27R in ORD many moons ago.

Also I may or may not have passed AA on a parallel taxiway once to catch a commute.

You guys gotta be safe out there. Much safer slow, especially in all those big jets. Things could get out of hand. They can't argue with that

Hat protests are not a new thing. The IPA guys just sort of quit wearing their hats if they felt like it a decades ago. Not really a protest, per se, but a rebellion against the idea that freight dawgs need hats. It was interesting to see the ex-military vs civilian background take on hats. The civilian freight dawgs thought hats were dumb all along and the ex-military guys wore them as part of the uniform (which they were at the time). But enough guys just kept not wearing them to the point that what's brown going to do about it? I think some of the ex-miliary guys just decided to join the hat rebellion and next thing you know the hat isn't part of the required uniform anymore.

Now the tie thing is something else. I hate ties but got used to having to wear them at work. Thank God for clip-on's. But those Miami based guys were the real rebels. I remember in 06 when I went to Capts upgrade, none of the Miami guys would wear a tie to class. The management instructors were aghast and would offer ties to them every morning so they "wouldn't get in trouble". Well, the uniform police didn't want to upset the MIA domicile too much and nothing ever came of it (I guess it's hot in MIA...haha).

Lastly, the uniform standards didn't apply in flight. I was quite shocked the first time I jumpseated on a 74 or DC8 on a transcon and the crew took off their uniform shirts and put on a t shirt. 72 guys never did that. I've seen 74 guys wearing sweats on international flights. Those 74 guys... (I was just jealous)

I get the argument that you want to look professional and the company is paying you, ect. My personal feeling is, I start work at 7pm and I and go walking into the hotel lobby at 530-6am after being up all night. How am I supposed to look after that? I'm not really too worried about uniform standards at that point.

Hat protests are not a new thing. The IPA guys just sort of quit wearing their hats if they felt like it a decades ago. Not really a protest, per se, but a rebellion against the idea that freight dawgs need hats. It was interesting to see the ex-military vs civilian background take on hats. The civilian freight dawgs thought hats were dumb all along and the ex-military guys wore them as part of the uniform (which they were at the time). But enough guys just kept not wearing them to the point that what's brown going to do about it? I think some of the ex-miliary guys just decided to join the hat rebellion and next thing you know the hat isn't part of the required uniform anymore.

Now the tie thing is something else. I hate ties but got used to having to wear them at work. Thank God for clip-on's. But those Miami based guys were the real rebels. I remember in 06 when I went to Capts upgrade, none of the Miami guys would wear a tie to class. The management instructors were aghast and would offer ties to them every morning so they "wouldn't get in trouble". Well, the uniform police didn't want to upset the MIA domicile too much and nothing ever came of it (I guess it's hot in MIA...haha).

Lastly, the uniform standards didn't apply in flight. I was quite shocked the first time I jumpseated on a 74 or DC8 on a transcon and the crew took off their uniform shirts and put on a t shirt. 72 guys never did that. I've seen 74 guys wearing sweats on international flights. Those 74 guys... (I was just jealous)

I get the argument that you want to look professional and the company is paying you, ect. My personal feeling is, I start work at 7pm and I and go walking into the hotel lobby at 530-6am after being up all night. How am I supposed to look after that? I'm not really too worried about uniform standards at that point.
I love my pajamas. 16 hour flights are no joke, so you have to be comfortable! ;)

Honestly though. who are you trying to impress in cargo? Never understood the need for more than a polo and cargo shorts.

Honestly though. who are you trying to impress in cargo? Never understood the need for more than a polo and cargo shorts.
It’s weird that freight dawgs wear uniforms isn’t it. At eskimo there’s a couple cargo planes and it was fun doing a captain OE flight in regular clothes. Uniform isnt required.

Did DALPA actually tell everyone not to comply with the company uniform policy?

"Hats off to a new contract" is on the bright green lanyard.

Still. Unless I was a DALPA volunteer, I probably would keep wearing the hat, too. As minor as it is, it’s still an illegal job action. Plus I would argue it’s unprofessional, but I know I’m old school about the uniform.

Not all bases care as much about the hat as others. Probably not much of a change in NYC ;)

That said I believe this is something that has occurred in the past with no retribution from the company. Kinda set a precident but could be wrong.

It's to hold car keys!
You are not wrong. Literally the primary use for my hat is to toss all my work stuff in it on the overnights and at home. Otherwise it is a sweat inducing device that only helps make me smelly. I'm sure all passengers love to interact with a sweaty smelly pilot.

"Hats off to a new contract" is on the bright green lanyard.

Mother of God……what is next? Seeing Pepsi products on Delta jets? The Air Line moving its corporate home base from ATL to OKC?

When the time comes that the brand ambassador is seen wearing that lanyard, it will be the end of days…..it will be biblical.

:)

Mother of God……what is next? Seeing Pepsi products on Delta jets? The Air Line moving its corporate home base from ATL to OKC?

When the time comes that the brand ambassador is seen wearing that lanyard, it will be the end of days…..it will be biblical.

:)
We know it all ends when they no longer get Chick fil A for charter flights for Atlanta teams.

I’m already pretty much bald but I’m not ready for the hat again. I haven’t even dry cleaned my jacket :p
That being said it would be nice to end the games as well. I don’t have anymore room on my bags for another bag tag and I hope like hell there isn’t another lanyard coming…

Back