Next Up in the RLA Conga Line

Well we all know only reason you’re rooting for us is for your snap up. If not, I would bet you wouldn’t be. But the AA TA is hardly even real considering it sounds like it was approved against their bylaws. But I imagine a • show will ensue since they have people trying to get ALPA and this certainly paints a worse picture of APA. Hope our patience pays off.

I’m glad we have a snap up, but I’d still be happy for whatever airline pilot group goes out and sets that next high bar.

Why would I bag on those numbers? It's a nothing burger. The reality is it's a free vote. Almost everyone and their mother votes yes for a strike authorization. Ours were literally the same, 96% participation, 99% yes. The real test is when a TA comes out. UA's TA was a bust. AA's TA came out and apparently everyone hates it. It will be interesting to see Delta. Hey, I'm cheering for you all. Go industry leading and set the next high bar.

I think you might underestimate how angry and frustrated most of the group is. This vote may have been free, but most are ready to walk today. And any thought that an MEC or NC member might have that they were going rush a below average deal has been smothered by the clown shows at United and American. It has had an incredibly galvanizing effect.

I’ll start by saying that I wear my lanyard, and I stopped even carrying the hat with me.

That said, I hope this puts to rest the idea that some people have in their head that wearing a hat equals being a scab. The whole thing is childish, but this aspect is especially asinine.
I don’t think anyone is calling the “not giving up ma hat” guys scabs, but it isn’t a good look right now. Even more confusing is the green lanyard with the hat, like uhh what? Also, I enjoy wearing lanyards as much a stick in the eye, but I’m wearing mine until the contract is settled.

Childish? Maybe, but we have few avenues to show unity and it’s all part of the game. More childish of course is not bargaining in good faith so I’m glad 96% of us showed up for a resounding vote result.

Yes. The company won't do anything about it though as it would just exacerbate an already rapidly boiling over labor anger issue.

Still. Unless I was a DALPA volunteer, I probably would keep wearing the hat, too. As minor as it is, it’s still an illegal job action. Plus I would argue it’s unprofessional, but I know I’m old school about the uniform.

How about AA/UA/WN and everyone else currently in long drawn out negotiations launch a strike effort as well? A solid collective effort that would be.

Delta pilots refusing to wear hats? Wow. What’s next, seeing a Delta jet taxi fast? :)

Haha. They must have a better hat supplier. It took 5 months to even get mine (though I've since learned we don't really seem to "do" hats, so not sure what to do with it).

Back