New Credit Card Style Pilot's Licenses

Re: New Credit Card Style Pilot\'s Licenses

I requested a change of certificate number today!! Not only is it a good idea, but also the new certificate will be awesome.

Great, I have always thought that the FAA should do this. Not for security but for professionalism. I am just in time to get one, I took my inst. written today and got a 93%, I will be calling the examiner to schedule the check-ride in the next few weeks. Cant wait to get my new licence.
cool.gif

When did you pass your ride for the new ticket? A friend of mine is waiting for his MEI cert and wondering.

It was around the middle of May. I guess that's not tooo long, for the gov anyway.

I recieved my IGI certificate in the mail the other day. Was surprised to find a plastic credit card looking certificate. It's the same as the old paper license except it's on a fancy plastic card with pictures of a 737 and the Wright flyer on the front. The back has a picture of the Wright Brothers.

I don't notice any type of magnetic stripe or computer chip on it though. Looks like a card that's just made out of plastic.

Back