Eagle ALPA Corruption

I was with you up until there.

Two things.

There are PLENTY of us down here who have our resumes together and have our degrees and have networked our asses off and are still not in those greener pastures you talk about. Don't assume that just because people WANT to go to the big show means they can.

Secondly, there are plenty of infighting union issues coming out of the majors right now too. I think general stupidity is endemic at all levels of this mostly great industry.

Yup, but you're not seemingly spending every breathing moment bitching about union politics. You're working on moving up and our to the mainline bitch fest! :)

But let me be clear. I'm not indicting regional pilots or people upset with union leadership. I sure as the sun rises am dissatisfied with my own. But this line of bitching seems to go from procedural and directional dissatisfaction to a personal level which is what wrecks any point they're trying to make.

Don't agree with Bliz, cool, but address the issue.

There are PLENTY of us down here who have our resumes together and have our degrees and have networked our asses off and are still not in those greener pastures you talk about. Don't assume that just because people WANT to go to the big show means they can.

I think I have already told you this, but the fact your are still at your airline scares me about if I will be able to get out.

Yup, but you're not seemingly spending every breathing moment bitching about union politics. You're working on moving up and our to the mainline bitch fest! :)

Fair enough. I think my point was more along the lines that this ISN'T the RJDC we are talkling about and the issue being complained about in this case (paperwork and policy) can happen at any level carrier and by any type of pilot.

I think I have already told you this, but the fact your are still at your airline scares me about if I will be able to get out.

It will happen for all of us (who want it) sooner or later. Just got to take it a day at a time. Some day, when I'm somewhere else I'll sure as hell be able to look back and laugh about the absolutely miserable luck I've had with my major/national/legacy interviews so far, but right now every time I see somebody junior to me on the seniority list bailing for greener pastures it's a 90% happy for them 10% bitter it's not me thing that goes on.

You'll make it.

Do not fall into the trap of bitterness.

An interviewer can smell that before you even step out of the cab and who wants a grumpy, dissatisfied new hire -- because you know he's going to be a bear off probie.

Back