Netjets Considerations

WanderinPilot

I’ve been looking into working for Netjets and was curious if anyone could provide some insight into dispatching there. I’m a Dispatcher for a regional and while the benefits at Netjets seem amazing, they also seem to come at the cost of the pay rate. Still a bump from where I’m at, but not by much. Trying to decide if it’s worth making the jump or hanging on until a LCC or major calls. On paper Netjets seems like the right move for me but I’ve got a weird gut feeling about it.

Also wondering what the day to day is like. I understand it’ll be a lot more flexible and dynamic, but I’m curious how much so. Do flights get dumped into your lap or do you have some idea of what needs to be done when? I prefer to be proactive instead of reactive most of the time. Also how much and what kind of “extra” work do you get on top of airline dispatching?

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't see the benefits of going to a 135 just for a small bump in pay that likely has a bad pay scale.

You'd be better off just getting the 121 exp at your regional until you can get on a lcc or major

Also, you have no cass privileges and making the move to a lcc or major from there would be tricky I would think.

Airlines have been hiring like crazy, should be an opportunity for you to apply and get onto a better paying 121 from there.

If you like Ohio that much, then go for it

Back