Navblue PBS consultants

insider tip: AVOID REDEYES doesn't work if all the trips in your base are redeyes

You're welcome

IMG_2126.gif

Have you tried being more senior?
Unfortunately the structure of Junior trips doesn’t really afford me the opportunity to encourage the captain to take 3rds of the hotel breakfast bacon, and I just can’t bring myself to wind them up talking politics for 6 hours across the continent.

insider tip: AVOID REDEYES doesn't work if all the trips in your base are redeyes

I got excited when next month’s schedule came out and I saw a lot of east coast cities.

Then I learned that you can just do red eyes with a long enough north-south route.

Have you tried being more senior?
The good news is that I’m now the third most senior FO.

The bad news is it’s out of three in our new domicile in Havre City.

Are pilot wives considered 3rd party? :)

I know pilots who’ve trained their wives about opentime and how to drop, swap, and add.

They seem to regret the decision…

Yes. A friend’s spouse used their credentials to trip trade while they were flying. Eventually they received a positive space ticket, non-stop for a carpet dance. “Either you traded while operating, or gave your password to someone else to do this while you were operating?” My understanding was their shop doesn’t prohibit logging in while operating, as the scheduling software had useful functions in real time, but the act of trade was prohibited. I forgot their punishment, but the lesser of two evils was explaining it as their spouse, who runs the family schedule, but it was clear that was frowned upon.

You really only know if you’re bidding good if you don’t see anyone junior to you who you wish you had their schedule instead, and/or you have a better schedule than anyone close to immediately senior to you. Of course there are certain caveats with that at some shops (such as globalization disregarding seniority), but for the most part that holds true.
If you're "Englishing" like that, the junior guy probably should get priority.

Please don’t pay for PBS education. Your shop should have a ALPA PBS help desk. I know 9E did and the person who ran it was very knowledgeable. Once you learn how it works and know the contract PBS isn’t a terrifying as some make it out to be (IMO).

Oh, wait! My bad! Doh! This system is like your avionics and "autos"... A bunch of buttons that give y'all conniptions until y'all find someone to explain to you what buttons to press in which order, and learn to conform to the Borg, eh?

That's some high order science riaaaght thar!

Carry on, "Aviators".

Good luck. We're ALL counting on you.

Oh, wait! My bad! Doh! This system is like your avionics and "autos"... A bunch of buttons that give y'all conniptions until y'all find someone to explain to you what buttons to press in which order, and learn to conform to the Borg, eh?

That's some high order science riaaaght thar!

Carry on, "Aviators".

Good luck. We're ALL counting on you.
Can we ban this piece of trash already? What absolute garbage.

Can we ban this piece of trash already? What absolute garbage.
Only if you're too wimpy, and your "philosophies" revolve around the ancient and revered tradition of "killing the messenger".

Don't go gently... Fight!

Give some valid opposing evidence to support your assumed "excellence". And, no. I really don't want to know more about the McSystem that "makes" you McExcellent. I get that. That's NOT what I'm after. I want REAL. PERSONAL EXCELLENCE. Any standardization system can drive most folks to some modicum of basic compliance-based competence -with dejected outliers on the right of the Bell, and glazed-eyed others too incompetent even to realize they're at the far left of the Bell. As stated, I get that already. That's the life-sucking, soul-killing version of "quality". I did that MBA thing. I've been professionally trained how to speak BS. I'll just NEVER accept it.

Last edited:
Back