Navajos

Inverted Douglas OK, time to pull the ace out of my sleeve. 6/3 on 261. Doors pops open on first leg departure. abort take off, secure and continue. Next leg, holding short, cleared for take off. Attempt to secure door (middle of summer) and door would not lock. Taxi back to run up area, spend 30 minutes attempting to secure door. Next run picks up work because of how long it was taking. Dispatch says to "figure out rental car and hotel arrangements on your own." 30 minutes later, get the door secure and go direct oakland.

Story 2: 03/27 flying 230. Using heater for comfort in the cold bitter mornings of oakland. few times of turning off, then on etc. While in the vincinity of UKI, start to develop hypoxia symptoms. CO-detector was a dark shade. Divert into UKI. Call dispatch, they tell me to go to the hospital. Spend a good part of the morning at in the ER while they had me hooked up to O2.

In closing, I don't want to hear from you kids about your out of trim settings after my horrendous 20.4 hours in that bird.

Close this thread mods...

That could never have happened at my old outfit. They removed most of the Janitrols, so I flew around inside of a sleeping bag.

I am very proud to say that I flew 199DS to Burbank for its alleged retirement from company "service". This was when the -310s were phased out llast year and, as I recall, that stinking heap of crap had to get a replacement engine before being ferried back to KBUR. I was reserve that day and they had me test fly it and then take it down to KBUR for good.

Final flights are often solemn, emotional occasions, but sending that jalopy to the boneyard was a glorious and celebratory event. I gave her a ceremonial kick and middle finger as I walked away. I know they sold some of those -310s, but last I heard, 9DS was still sitting idle in Burbank. I don't even think some crappy third world operator is desperate enough to buy that cursed, wretch of an airplane.

Anyone know if it's still there?

I am very proud to say that I flew 199DS to Burbank for its alleged retirement from company "service". This was when the -310s were phased out llast year and, as I recall, that stinking heap of crap had to get a replacement engine before being ferried back to KBUR. I was reserve that day and they had me test fly it and then take it down to KBUR for good.

Final flights are often solemn, emotional occasions, but sending that jalopy to the boneyard was a glorious and celebratory event. I gave her a ceremonial kick and middle finger as I walked away. I know they sold some of those -310s, but last I heard, 9DS was still sitting idle in Burbank. I don't even think some crappy third world operator is desperate enough to buy that cursed, wretch of an airplane.

Anyone know if it's still there?
If you're just going to "land" it in the desert once, I don't see why they wouldn't take it.

Makes me glad that I'm flying KLA Chieftains and not AmFlight ones.......
Our 350's in pdx were mostly nice(relative term though). Lots of /G, most all of them had an autopilot, quite a few could even couple an approach.

Our 350's in pdx were mostly nice(relative term though). Lots of /G, most all of them had an autopilot, quite a few could even couple an approach.
Kinda sounds like ours. Out of 8 in the fleet I think only two lack an IFR GPS. About half have functional A/Ps, the FDs are hit and miss. Quite frankly it's our line MX guys favorite thing to defer.

I've never had a heater failure. Had a few drop offline only to come right back when reset.

I really wish that the requirement for an AP SPIFR didn't exclude freight aircraft.

Kinda sounds like ours. Out of 8 in the fleet I think only two lack an IFR GPS. About half have functional A/Ps, the FDs are hit and miss. Quite frankly it's our line MX guys favorite thing to defer.

I've never had a heater failure. Had a few drop offline only to come right back when reset.

I really wish that the requirement for an AP SPIFR didn't exclude freight aircraft.

The Jo is the first plane I've flown that had a "decent" autopilot that wasn't deferred all the time, or wasn't hit and miss in terms of me actually flying it. Personally, any more, I don't care. A good AP helps, but it's all time management anyway.

That, by far, is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this website. 'gratz

I was thinking of my three weeks without heat flying with them just prior to xmas. Wrapped in that wool metro engine blanket that I stole. :cool:

I've flown all the KLA Chieftains. The two I didn't like is RA and 906. RA wasn't developing rated power when I was there and 906 was just a turd.

I've flown all the KLA Chieftains. The two I didn't like is RA and 906. RA wasn't developing rated power when I was there and 906 was just a turd.
RA hasn't had that issue with me although I don't fly it that much. That said, 430 and an A/P. Score! I'm taking that to TAD this afternoon. 906 is definitely the dog of the fleet but it's spent the last few weeks in the corner of the hangar getting an overhaul.

Now, the 404s? You can keep those........

RA hasn't had that issue with me although I don't fly it that much. That said, 430 and an A/P. Score! I'm taking that to TAD this afternoon. 906 is definitely the dog of the fleet but it's spent the last few weeks in the corner of the hangar getting an overhaul.

Now, the 404s? You can keep those........

Can we jumpseat on you guys? If so how do you do it in DEN?

You're UPS, right? Our former CP is former 121 and has basically told us that anyone is CASS can jumpseat with us.

Back